Photo

Preston MDR-1 Hand Unit, Receiver, Iris Unit, Batts, Charger, Rings, and Extras For Sale

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave Chameides

Dave Chameides

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Up for sale is my used (I prefer the word vintage) MDR-1 Microwave Unit that has been serving me solidly for more than 10 years. Is it an older unit? Sure is, but it has never failed me and I have no reason to believe it's going to start doing so anytime soon. As a backup or for someone getting started who needs to save some dough but wants a great reliable system, this is for you.

Here's what you get.

1 MDR-1 Microwave Hand Unit (S/N 2216) with top mounted transmitter (S/N 49274) w/antenna

1 MDR-1 Microwave Receiver (S/N 1378) w/antenna (note in the pictures that the little plastic cover for the channel selector was lost a ways back but I have brand new tape on it - the good stuff, no cheap imitations!!!)

1 Preston Battery Fast Charger w/power cable

2 Preston Batteries (both hold decent charge and I believe one is only a year old)

1 wired iris control (no serial number) with 8 ft cable

6 focus rings

1 replacement iris knob for the hand unit

3 long grey receiver antennas (oddly bent from being in high heat I'm guessing but they make a great conversation starter)

1 spare battery click on plate for repairing battery if it is dropped and the ears break off

1 spare stubby transmitter antenna (slight crack but works fine)

1 bag of resistors(?) that came with the unit when I bought it. Don't even know what they are for really but I'm guessing they are replacements for something if you drop the unit in the toilet. Never did so don't really know.

On top of all of this you will receive some cardboard shipping boxes, some packing material, and if you act quickly, an autographed copy of the book FOUND by Davy Rothbart! (Autographed by me that is).

And you can have all of this, today, for the low low price of $4595 US. Cash and checks accepted. Paypal is fine if you want to cover the costs, and I'm happy to work out a 12 month payment plan if that helps as well.

So there ya have it, Check out the pictures, ask questions, let me know and you too can be the proud owner of a piece of equipment that George Clooney, yes George Clooney my friends, once rubbed across his very own bottom (again, a great conversation starter but not anything that adds to the value and it's been cleaned since then).

Email if interested at proteusmd@mac.com

Attached File  IMG_4634.jpg   33.44KB   206 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4618.jpg   25.57KB   191 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4619.jpg   18.86KB   131 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4624.jpg   24.86KB   113 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4625.jpg   36.62KB   100 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4626.jpg   22.28KB   92 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4629.jpg   110.97KB   89 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4630.jpg   37.69KB   89 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4632.jpg   34.99KB   107 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4633.jpg   26.61KB   117 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4635.jpg   33.76KB   97 downloadsAttached File  IMG_4636.jpg   22.32KB   76 downloads

#2 Dave Chameides

Dave Chameides

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Sold

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

PLC - Bartech

IDX