• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1359 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Some times i have to use a autocue on my rig. I talked them out of the mirrow years ago, so i use a small 7 inch monitor above my lens. I believe its almost standard in the us?
Anyway, i feed it with a wireless signal. Or i use the canatrans i still have, or i use the camwave, that works great but is a little bit big. So i am working on a good solid SMALL reciever thing.
The monitor is attached to the camera using a israeli arm.

Its all working but not ideal. It moves a bit when running, so it needs to be lighter, and more rigid.
What do you guys use? Any special brackets? Wich monitor? Links, leads?

Thx a million

#2 Alex Kolb

Alex Kolb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Midwest USA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I've had good luck using the viewfinder rails (with the viewfinder removed of course), though I now use those to mount my tally light. Perhaps you've already tied those up as well. Otherwise it's a good place to start.

#3 Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 645 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:40 AM

Job, Have you seen my Silveratray?
Slides onto Panasonic, Grass Valley, or Sony broadcast cameras in place of the viewfinder.
It's a tray that slides side to side. You can use it to place the Link or RF wireless Return/Program Receiver on it, or you can drill a 1/4" hole anywhere on the aluminum flat plate, and screw on your Prompter monitor. here are pictures....
Attached File  PTM2012 (4)small.jpg   116.6KB   218 downloads
Attached File  PTM2012 (6)small.jpg   99.66KB   181 downloads

$150 shipped in the US.
I believe I have 3 left available, I'll make some more in Feb when I get back to town.

#4 Imran Naqvi

Imran Naqvi

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 212 posts
  • London. UK

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Am working with a mirror system, which isn't that bad but am still tethered. We tried under slung and over slung monitors but these are long reads to camera and production don't like the eyeline being off.

So does anyone know if any of the wireless ccu control systems send composite back to carry the autocue video back to the camera?

Or am I stuck with an extra composite video sender with a battery powered receiver and if so what would you guys reccomend.

#5 Mike Germond SOC

Mike Germond SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 468 posts
  • Orlando Steadicam LLC

Posted 12 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

I have yet to encounter a Broadcast Wireless/Telemetry all-in-one unit that carries video back TO the camera. If it exists, we haven't found it at NBC Sports yet. Prompter return has given my old UHF transmitter new purpose! It's plenty suitable for the job since most prompter systems use composite. And the lower frequency of those things cover as much (or more) than the HD Link will.

Edited by Mike Germond, 12 January 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#6 Daniel Stilling DFF

Daniel Stilling DFF

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 257 posts
  • Florida

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

You could use a Paralinx to send the signal back. 

On a slight different way, depending on the prompter persons set up, there are a few iPad prompter systems out there, beamsplitter through the lens...

#7 JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1359 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

oh hi, its an old topic. I use the bolt for the prompter signal, works like a champ. The receiver's weight is almost nothing

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research