No replies to this topic

#1 John Stout

John Stout

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 119 posts
  • Jacksonville, FL

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

I see a lot of posts on here from experienced operators that tell the new folks, new rig owners and want to be operator/owners that they should take a workshop.

We bought a rig prior to going to a workshop and that was a mistake. I should have attended the workshop first. We chose to buy a particular rig and I would have purchased differently after going to the workshop.

We were fortunate that our class was filled with experienced and seasoned production people that already make their living in the industry. We were able to glean a lot from each others success and learning experiences.

We were also fortunate enough to have a well credited Steadicam operator that joined us for part of the two days. He provided additional real world experience and suggestions as we progressed through the two days.

I recommend going to one of these workshops. If you are going to invest in a rig, it is a must to go to one of these workshops before purchasing. You wouldn't make any other purchase this size without research. Best 600.00 you will ever invest in yourself.

Even if you are an experienced operator and haven't been to a workshop, it will show you things you didn't know you didn't know, especially if you go in with the mind set that you have never operated before.

Happy Workshopping!

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Camera Motion Research

Wireless Video Systems

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems