2 replies to this topic

#1 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1196 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hi, I was wondering how non union operators are going with their Health Insurance.

#2 William Demeritt

William Demeritt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1043 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Thankfully, I don't have many medical issues, so I keep a high deductible health insurance plan thru Blue Shield CA. Thinking of getting a HSA to helps offset some income and have money to pay the deductible if my arm needs reattaching.

#3 Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 648 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Will, Just read the post, if your arm needs re attaching, let me know, I got a guy.
And on the topic.
I've had my own health insurance last 15 years, First Blue Cross, they sucked for me, kept raising the rates every 3 months even though I hadn't had any claims or even gone to the Doctor!. then Humana, they started raising rates and I only go once a year to get a full check up, and now Aetna. very happy with them. not cheap, but no hassles. Only bad thing is for individuals paying their own health insurance they offer no maternity, even if you have a family plan. ( they told me this after my wife was on the plan 18 months and we found out after the OB told us Maternity wasn't covered!. WHAT!!? My son cost as much as a Pro arm to be born, CASH!!
Exercise, eat right, get a physical EVERY year. find a target weight and stay there.
If your not healthy you can't do your Job
If you have a bad knee, a bad hip, a stubbed toe, a messed up hand cause you hammered it by mistake hanging a picture framel....you can't work. So be careful and mindful of everything you do. you need ALL of you and your extremities to do our job.
my .02

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus