What is The best HD wireless video transmiter?
Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:42 AM
To use with or without steadicam. More distance. Best latency!
Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:17 AM
All I can give you, are the names of the contestants.
- IDX CW-5HD Cam-Wave HD It has been built to resist and reliable, but bulky.
- Switronix RECON-ULTRA even bulkier, with antennas, but cheaper.
- Boxx Meridian Very expensive but great quality
- Modulus 3000 SD, not HD but cheap used and reliable, you will need a downconverter.
- Teradeck Bolt Small, cheap, SDI, but not out yet, still in test phase (my personal best bet) (more info on REDuser)
- Paralynx Arrow Super small, Super cheap, but HDMI only, you need a SDI converter with it.
- AbelCine Wireless Video Solution basically, a pile of consumer and prosumer equipment put together
You will also find a lot of info on this thread The conversation drifted to other wireless systems.
Personally I would get the Teradeck bolt, but I'm careful as I had a ton of issues with the Cube before.
Hope it helps.
Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:50 AM
Visilink or Gigawave and the BOXX Meridian, the others cannot even be in the same room.
And if you think the Meridian is expensive, price out a Visilink system.............when your done with antennas and transmitter your in the 70K ballpark.
Remember seeing the Olympics broadcasts and seeing all those cameras with the black boxes on the back and the big black mast like antennas....those were the
L1500 visilink transmitters, there were 70 of them at the Olympics.
Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:37 PM
There is also the HPVideo system, just bought one its HD, LOS 300ft+ range, reliable, lightweight size between canatrans and modulus.
Cost new 8K range.
I think it been mentioned here....?
All the best fly safe
Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:14 PM
Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:36 PM
I hope you did a search on this topic as there is many pages on this topic and tests by many ops using all types of systems.
Like everything in this industry depending on where you are working will determine who much you should spend .Osvaldo covered all the top end systems (real broadcast HD)and Victor has covered most of the others non broadcast systems .
Who much do you want to spend? Personally for the type of work I do (commercials,tv drama,features)I have replaced my Modulus with the Boxx Meridian .For me spending a little more if you want SILENCE from video village is money well spent .
just my 2 cents .
Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:13 AM
Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:09 PM
It might depend on exactly what you intend to do with it now and in the future. How far you need to go, what obstacles their will be, HDMI vs. HD SDI, how important are latency, encryption, etc. Read about the fundamental differences in the technologies in this "User's Guide to Wireless Video".
Have a great day!
Edited by Troy Harrington, 03 April 2015 - 03:18 PM.