• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 candace coons

candace coons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

I own my own rig, and am looking for an insurance policy that will cover any lost, damaged or stolen equipment. At the moment I have fractured atlas insurance,which I previously got before the steadicam, which covers production and equipment, but I want to be sure that my equipment is covered and I may be needing to find another provider. On the other boards I've been hearing about W.P Dolle LLC, and was wondering if anyone knows what the price points are and how much monthly one would need to pay (ball park estimate), for insurance. Thank you for your time and interest in my issue.

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Search the archives, plenty of answers there. Most of us have WP Dolle Insurance and are happy with it

#3 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1144 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:25 AM

WP Dolle is what just about everyone here uses. Covers you for full replacement value and doesn't include all the exclusions that will sneak up on you with many other policies.

#4 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 921 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

If you call WPD they will give you an estimate. The rates depend on the replacement value of your gear and your deductible. You pay yearly rather than monthly.

I believe the minimum premium is $500/year. It used to be. At the time that covered up to $25,000, maybe a bit more. I had like $12k of gear at the time so they gave me the smallest deductible (also $500) at no extra charge. Now I pay 3x that per year, but for over 4x the covered value of equipment.

It's a far better value than car insurance!

#5 Adam Brown

Adam Brown

• Sustaining Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

I'd been looking for quality insurance companies for some time, and I hadn't come across WPD until today. Thanks everyone for this recommendation! I'll give them a call.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insurance, rig, damage

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Camera Motion Research

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems