• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kurt nolen

kurt nolen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hi there, folks. My frankenstein sled uses the monitor yoke from an Tiffen/Steadicam Archer 1 and I'm looking pretty hard at a Cinetronic II. Cinetronic says they know of "some operators mounting [their] monitors on Archer sleds" but I don't know if that's Archer 1, 2 or if they were having yokes custom machined.

I'd obviously prefer as little downtime as possible and I'd rather not go the custom machining route if I can avoid it. So if there's anybody out there that actually put a Cinetronic in an Archer yoke, I'd love to hear the details. Thanks a lot!

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hi there, folks. My frankenstein sled uses the monitor yoke from an Tiffen/Steadicam Archer 1 and I'm looking pretty hard at a Cinetronic II. Cinetronic says they know of "some operators mounting [their] monitors on Archer sleds" but I don't know if that's Archer 1, 2 or if they were having yokes custom machined.

I'd obviously prefer as little downtime as possible and I'd rather not go the custom machining route if I can avoid it. So if there's anybody out there that actually put a Cinetronic in an Archer yoke, I'd love to hear the details. Thanks a lot!

Well no one has put a Cinetronic 2 up on a rig yet. Having said that if you can mount a monitor with a pro spigot you can mount a Cinetronic

#3 kurt nolen

kurt nolen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

Well no one has put a Cinetronic 2 up on a rig yet. Having said that if you can mount a monitor with a pro spigot you can mount a Cinetronic

That's the trick, I don't believe a Pro Spigot would work on my rig - while the guts are all Pro, the rest of it is either tiffen or custom fabricated. The original Archer 1 yoke mounts onto a block attached to the end of two rails, so it's looking like either the monitor (if I'm lucky) would fit into the existing yoke, or it's off to a machine shop.

#4 Thomas K. Jensen

Thomas K. Jensen

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 150 posts
  • Denmark, Europe

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hey Kurt.
I had the same issue with my Clipper 3, and had to make my own.Mounting Cinetronic on Clipper
But when I get my new Gen II Cinetronic, I'll get a yoke, that Curt from Artemis/Sachtler will make.That fit's the Clipper's post. Hope that helps?
Thomas

#5 mike skipp

mike skipp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:20 AM

Hi Kurt

We are in the process of making a telescoping post bracket that will fit the Gen 1 or Gen 2 Cinetronic monitor yoke (all you have to do is tell us what post size when ordering). It will be available for purchase when we start shipping the Gen 2 monitor very soon.

Mike
Cinetronic

#6 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

Well mow since Mike outed the bracket ill tell you that it's both VERY nice but its Stiff and its easy to flip into lo-mode

#7 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

"telescoping" and "very soon"

Very interesting!

#8 kurt nolen

kurt nolen

• Members