#1 Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

Hello to all,

one thing I want to share with you, I recently started new website steadicam-news.com in which I want to collect articles on theme steadicam. I collected all kinds of articles and videos on my computer and then I got the idea why not to put all this on one website. You must know that this website is unprofitable, I made it in my free time. If somebody want to share something or write a blog I'd be glad. And also if someone have suggestion please share.

Site is still fresh so I don't have too many posts, but everyday I add something new.

www.steadicam-news.com

greetings from croatia

#2 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Nice website! Great to learn about the world of Steadicam and find all the needed references in one spot.
(In the link section, you may want to link to GPI Pro as well)

#3 Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

Nice website! Great to learn about the world of Steadicam and find all the needed references in one spot.
(In the link section, you may want to link to GPI Pro as well)

thanks Victor, I will add gpi in links

Edited by Matija Petrovic, 12 October 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#4 Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

I started to fill articles section so if somebody has interesting article that wants to share please send me pm

http://www.steadicam...egory/articles/

tnx

#5 Joel San Juan SOC

Joel San Juan SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 114 posts
  • Providence RI

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

Great job, i would love to put a link to your page from my site.
Let me know if that's ok.

best
joel

#6 chris fawcett

chris fawcett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Europe

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:41 AM

Second that. Great job!

#7 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

One thing I would love to see is a buyer's guide.
Comparing the different available rigs, seeing which is more fit for what use and what are the pros and cons.
And maybe the same thing with accessories, like wireless focus, video TX/RX, video recorders, Batteries, other accessories.
I would be more than happy to help (also the Steadicam world is still fairly new to me and I am currently doing those researches slowly on my own)

#8 Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Great job, i would love to put a link to your page from my site.
Let me know if that's ok.

best
joel

of course joel, thanks for that

#9 Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

One thing I would love to see is a buyer's guide.
Comparing the different available rigs, seeing which is more fit for what use and what are the pros and cons.
And maybe the same thing with accessories, like wireless focus, video TX/RX, video recorders, Batteries, other accessories.
I would be more than happy to help (also the Steadicam world is still fairly new to me and I am currently doing those researches slowly on my own)

great idea, well I would be glad if You want to help, that was the idea about this site, that more people include in this and that we make site that someone who doesn't know anything about steadicam and ones who are professional steadicam operators find something interesting on the site

great, thanks a lot, you can send me what you think on pm

#10 John E Fry

John E Fry

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 86 posts
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire UK

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Brilliant work Mitija!

I made a comparison chart (with pictures!) of most CP/Tiffen rigs to illustrate what rigs are currently available for students while I'm instructing Steadicam. It might be a useful starting point for a Buyers Guide or at least Model Comparison section. I'll dig it out & email it to you.

Some of the information & rig pictures will need updating by 'the community' here, as some are just Googled images of low quality, but where else do you go quickly for a shot of an SK or ProVid these days!?

Hope Tiffen are contributing to your running costs for their ad at the top by the way! With that in mind you could happily add a 'Donate' button at the bottom of each page so some of us already impressed readers could contribute to your site to help maintain it & keep it growing. I can see Steadicam News becoming a brilliant one stop shop for all things Steadicam, for Operators, industry professionals and casually interested alike.

Fantastic job, well done!

Now, where's that chart....

John

#11 Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:10 AM

thanks John for kind words, and thanks for Your offer

well for now I really don't need any money, I started this page in my free time and now I don't have any costs (just for domain and hosting but I already have that before this site)

thanks once again and I hope that You will contribute to the site

matija

#12 Matija Petrovic

Matija Petrovic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

William Demeritt already accepted to write a blog on the site, so if someone else want to write a blog or just contribute to the site write here or send me pm

here is blog section on the site http://www.steadicam.../category/blog/

tnx

#13 Brent Johnson

Brent Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

Great website!

#14 Victor Lazaro

Victor Lazaro

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1230 posts
  • Sunnyside Queens, NY

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

Brilliant work Mitija!

I made a comparison chart (with pictures!) of most CP/Tiffen rigs to illustrate what rigs are currently available for students while I'm instructing Steadicam. It might be a useful starting point for a Buyers Guide or at least Model Comparison section. I'll dig it out & email it to you.

Some of the information & rig pictures will need updating by 'the community' here, as some are just Googled images of low quality, but where else do you go quickly for a shot of an SK or ProVid these days!?

Hope Tiffen are contributing to your running costs for their ad at the top by the way! With that in mind you could happily add a 'Donate' button at the bottom of each page so some of us already impressed readers could contribute to your site to help maintain it & keep it growing. I can see Steadicam News becoming a brilliant one stop shop for all things Steadicam, for Operators, industry professionals and casually interested alike.

Fantastic job, well done!

Now, where's that chart....

John

There is a PDF doc made by Tiffen for to choose between the big rigs: http://www.steadicam...ro_USAUK_sm.pdf
and some extra info on small rigs here: http://www.tiffen.com/helpChoose.html
But it is true that I would love to see some info on the pros and cons on each rig would love to see that chart. :)

I think that one of the missing things about all the Tiffen documentation is that it's all about Tiffen, and same for each brand. duh!

#15 John E Fry

John E Fry

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 86 posts
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire UK

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi again,

Here's the Steadicam® Model Comparison image and chart I put together.

There's two PDFs, one with current models & basic info on them, and the other with (almost) all Cinema Products / Tiffen models and a few more specific details.

Please everyone help me fill in the blanks & correct any info, or indeed send me any better pictures! Most of them were found on the web & aren't very good quality or resolution, so if you have a shot of your rig (preferably against white but not necessarily) do send it to john at fryfilm dot com.

Meanwhile, hope you find these useful, or at least interesting!

John

PS. Sorry about the spelling! When I have enough info to complete the detail chart I'll correct it!

Attached Files

Omnishot Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Teradek

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems