6 replies to this topic

#1 Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 674 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Hi folks. I'm on a job with an Archer 2. Had a cable made up to go from the 8pin Lemo Monitor out at the bottom to feed 12V xlr power, bnc composite, and a Tally LED to velcro above the Marshall Monitor. Above the sled I have the Tiffen Tally sensor connector with the photo sensor and the multipin connector that plugs into the front of the front box. However, its working backwards. When the sensor gets a light the tally down below turns off, and vice versa. Sent the cables back and the two cables work just as they should on a work table.
If someone would be so kind as to take their archer sled with 1 battery to Terry's place in Redondo beach I would really appreciate it, Id be more than happy to cover gas and lunch or something. If the system works fine on your archer 2, then the sled here has a problem, if it works the same as with mine, then its a cable thing. Either way it would help get to the solution.

Call me if you can swing this.

Ozzie
305 216 8395

#2 Michael Hauer

Michael Hauer

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

If there is someone in the New York area that can do the test I'd be willing to help you out.

Hi folks. I'm on a job with an Archer 2. Had a cable made up to go from the 8pin Lemo Monitor out at the bottom to feed 12V xlr power, bnc composite, and a Tally LED to velcro above the Marshall Monitor. Above the sled I have the Tiffen Tally sensor connector with the photo sensor and the multipin connector that plugs into the front of the front box. However, its working backwards. When the sensor gets a light the tally down below turns off, and vice versa. Sent the cables back and the two cables work just as they should on a work table.
If someone would be so kind as to take their archer sled with 1 battery to Terry's place in Redondo beach I would really appreciate it, Id be more than happy to cover gas and lunch or something. If the system works fine on your archer 2, then the sled here has a problem, if it works the same as with mine, then its a cable thing. Either way it would help get to the solution.

Call me if you can swing this.

Ozzie
305 216 8395

#3 Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 674 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the offer, but the Cables in question are at Terry's place. I appreciate it.

#4 Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 674 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Have a friend grabbing the cables and taking them to Steadicam to be checked out. all set, thanks.
Ozzie

#5 PeterAbraham

PeterAbraham

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 902 posts
  • New York City

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Ozzie, any update here?

#6 Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 674 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

Still working on it. The folks at Steadicam took a look at the cables, Said their sensor cable is working as it should. But they could not get the lower end cable to light up at all. I find it odd since it worked fine at Terry's, then with me it worked and lit up, only backwards, even though it's wired just like the diagram on the Steadicam Archer 2 manual states. I asked the service rep at Steadicam, that if the lower cable I provided did not work, then I'd like to know what they offer as a lower tally light. I was told they Do NOT have anything for the lower part of the sled with a Tally light. Now, to be clear, this Steadicam Archer 2 I'm working with was bought with the upgraded Steadicam branded Marshall 7" HD/SDI monitor. But this Marshall monitor does not have a Tally light built in like other Marshalls do. So it's amazing Steadicam does not offer a cable to power the monitor, provide composite video and a Red Tally LED one can velcro or otherwise attach to the top of the monitor. They're missing out on Hundreds of dollars!
Cable is now on it's way to Terry, we'll get it working, no doubt about that.
Now if I can only get my employer to provide me a return monitor...... Ahhh the Latin live world.

#7 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Just sent you a text with a solution

Varizoom Follow Focus

Teradek

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC