Photo

Who makes the best .625 post adaptor for G70 arm?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alan G Kelly

Alan G Kelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Toronto, Canada

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm in need of an adaptor that will allow me to use my Pro arm posts with the G70's .740 post receptacle. I know some people machine pieces that fit into the top of the post but I want to avoid that. Is there not a sleeve of some kind that would fit into the G70 tools free arm post mechanism that would allow me to drop in my posts as one normally would?

Thanks everyone : )

#2 Jerry Holway

Jerry Holway

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 737 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

http://www.tiffen.co...temnum=250-7975

#3 Alan G Kelly

Alan G Kelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Toronto, Canada

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Jerry, I already have a bunch of Pro posts that I want to continue to use. What I'm looking for is an adaptor sleeve that would fit into the current post receptacle that allows for the continued use of the existing lock/drag controls while allowing me to drop in my posts like any other .625 arm would.

Any ideas?

Thx

#4 Jerry Holway

Jerry Holway

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 737 posts
  • Philadelphia

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Alan-

I got this lesson yesterday from Garrett advising an operator re Tango and using his existing cameras rather than looking for the right one: the tail is wagging the dog.

What you want is the slickest and fastest and most professional way to change your posts.

If you start with "I want to use my old posts," you are into a less-than-satisfactory adapter with vey thin walls, and it is neither slick or fast as it should and can be.

What you want is posts that work perfectly with your current arm. They can easily be made (.740 to .625) is various lengths so you have the same compliment of posts that you had with you old arm.

Small price to pay for performance on set.

Jerry

#5 Alan G Kelly

Alan G Kelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Toronto, Canada

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:52 AM

Jerry,

I wrote 'old' posts but I should have written 'new' as they are less than a week old. I've been using a 3A arm with a locked-in post and desperately wanted posts that would spin so got some Pro posts w/collars. It was days after that, that I decided to give a G70 I'd been eyeballing for a while, a shot. Only upon possession did I realize the .740 wasn't just on the Master Series....oops! With potentially new posts on the horizon my recent purchase became my 'old' posts, ha.

I understand what your saying though and it's good advice.

Thank you : )

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Teradek

SkyDreams

BOXX

IDX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers