11 replies to this topic

#1 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

To those of you who are still loving your TB-6, that includes me. Greg is working on a HD-SDI upgrade for his TB-6 monitor. This is a true digital input board not a "build in down-converter". It will make the TB-6 HD-SDI compatible and increase the picture quality significantly.

Cost and availability are not know at this point. Older TB-6 monitors will be upgradable.

Hold on to you green screens.....

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

To those of you who are still loving your TB-6, that includes me. Greg is working on a HD-SDI upgrade for his TB-6 monitor. This is a true digital input board not a "build in down-converter". It will make the TB-6 HD-SDI compatible and increase the picture quality significantly.

Cost and availability are not know at this point. Older TB-6 monitors will be upgradable.

Hold on to you green screens.....

He was talking about that at Cinegear, it's going to be part of the Digital PDL, but in the end it puts out a analog signal for the TB6....

After changing to a color monitor I'll never go back to a green screen, it's too limiting

#3 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

I put my tb6 on Friday for some day work and jeez do I miss it! This would be such a great option in his new pdl! I don't care about missing the color...I already have a moral ambiguity, so color, black/white, green...it's all good to me!

#4 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

to my knowledge it's a stand-alone TB-6 board upgrade and not part of the HD-PDL, which is in its final stages of testing...and will be available first/soon. and yes, the final signal going to the TB-6 tube is obviously analog but not a "down-converted to ntsc" signal...

#5 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

to my knowledge it's a stand-alone TB-6 board upgrade and not part of the HD-PDL, which is in its final stages of testing...and will be available first/soon.

And it's still a NTSC downconverter. you can't digitally drive a flyback coil it has to be analog

#6 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

How do all the reference HD-CRT's work then?

#7 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

How do all the reference HD-CRT's work then?

Same way, convert to analog

#8 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

that's takes me back to the fact that any digital camera is an analog camera first....

#9 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Am I to understand that it will be a higher resolution analogue driver in the TB6 then? So there will be a perceivable resolution increase?

Will the TB6 still be able to take an SD signal?

#10 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

details are still emerging, as i understand this, it will maximize the quality of the TB-6 (tube) and provide a direct HD-SDI compatibility including a set of framelines...i have a feeling it might loose the SD (NTSC) input, but I'm not sure at this point

#11 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:09 PM

update: confirmed, the TB-6 will keep it's NTSC analog input through the 8 pin Lemo.

#12 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

And it's still a NTSC downconverter. you can't digitally drive a flyback coil it has to be analog

Being analog doesn't make it an NTSC downconverter. You can be in the analogue world and still have HD(or atleast something higher than NTSC) resolution. I see no practical significance to whether the guts handle things in an analogue or digital world. That said I don't know what the resolution of it will be, but sounds like better than NTSC.

Varizoom Follow Focus

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

IDX

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

SkyDreams

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Teradek

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems