• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Noel Sterrett

Noel Sterrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

I've found a decent deal on an Anton Bauer version Scout, but I want to use V-mount instead. I have a spare V-mount plate, and am wondering if anyone knows whether it is possible to switch them easily. Also, is there a good source for Lemo's (Keywolf is not shipping until September).

Thanks.

#2 Jarrett P. Morgan

Jarrett P. Morgan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 225 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

What type of lemos are you looking for?

I have found a lot of lemos on ebay for super cheap. I recently got 6 FGG.0B.302 (the bartech power size) for 30 bucks and 5 FGG.2B.306 (red one power cable) for 25.

as long as you know what you are looking for, you can find some good deals.

As far as the battery plate, it is possible, but unless you are really comfortable working with wiring and DC current, I am not sure I would recommend it.

#3 Noel Sterrett

Noel Sterrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

I just need to connect to the power output on the Scout. The manual lists the female as EGG.0B.303, so I think the male would be FGG.0B.303?

I'm not worried about the wiring/soldering, just physically mounting the plate.

Thanks.

#4 Jarrett P. Morgan

Jarrett P. Morgan

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 225 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

I just need to connect to the power output on the Scout. The manual lists the female as EGG.0B.303, so I think the male would be FGG.0B.303?

I'm not worried about the wiring/soldering, just physically mounting the plate.

Thanks.

Alright, well. It doesn't look like there are any cheap options on ebay unfortunately. But mouser has them: http://www.mouser.co...word=0b 303 fgg

#5 Noel Sterrett

Noel Sterrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Alright, well. It doesn't look like there are any cheap options on ebay unfortunately. But mouser has them: http://www.mouser.co...word=0b 303 fgg

Thanks for the link. There are 20 or so variations. I picked one and crossed my fingers.

Cheers.

#6 Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1091 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

If you are replacing an existing battery mount, couldn't you reuse the cable and connectors from it?

#7 Noel Sterrett

Noel Sterrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

If you are replacing an existing battery mount, couldn't you reuse the cable and connectors from it?

Hopefully, yes. But I also need a LEMO for the top plate to power the camera/recorder/downconverter. Also, I need a LEMO to D-tap for the base to connect a special IDX V-mount that provides 12V regulated, since the Blackmagic miniconverter I'm using won't work at 14V.

Cheers.

#8 Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1091 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hopefully, yes. But I also need a LEMO for the top plate to power the camera/recorder/downconverter. Also, I need a LEMO to D-tap for the base to connect a special IDX V-mount that provides 12V regulated, since the Blackmagic miniconverter I'm using won't work at 14V.

Cheers.

Gotchya! Here's a link to Lemo's product guide. It helps decipher their abstract product numbering.

#9 Noel Sterrett

Noel Sterrett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

Gotchya! Here's a link to Lemo's product guide. It helps decipher their abstract product numbering.

Thanks! My Scout should be here tomorrow.

Cheers.

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC - Bartech

Teradek

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

SkyDreams

Boland Communications

IDX

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Betz Tools for Stabilizers