4 replies to this topic

#1 Justin Browne

Justin Browne

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 49 posts
  • los angeles

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

I was just wondering if anyone knows a electronics guy that might be able to help me. I have a PRO 2 sled (center post, junction box, etc) except for the battery cage which is a PRO 1. I have had some modifications made and I added 2 Anton Bauer paddle plates, one on the front of the battery cage, and one where the video recorder deck would go. Power is no longer an issue. I can use choc bars, AB's, or a combo of both and with the diodes that were added I dont have to worry about any one battery charging another. However the time has come to upgrade to HD but I DON't want to get rid of my PRO 1 cage. I have flown the PRO 2 many times and my "preference" is the heavier PRO 1 style... To each his own I guess. I called PRO and asked if they could help me. They offered to sell me all the parts, j box electronics, centerpost cable, etc, but they would not be able to do the work. I would generally go to my usual electronics guy but I'm looking for someone that has extensive knowledge about the PRO electronics. Thanks.

#2 Frederic Chamberland

Frederic Chamberland

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 281 posts
  • Montreal

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hi Justin,

Had the same issue recently : I wanted to upgrade to HD but my lower junction box had been "pimped" by David Hable and wanted to keep my extras. Called David to have him do the HD upgrade and he declined the offer stating there was to much electronics to fumble with and it would probably be in the same price range as PRO.
In my case, I went the easy road and bought the PRO HD kit and got rid of my pimped analog sled.
So I would definitely recommend David Hable at crampedattic.com but I guess this won't be cheap. David is a magician and can surely help you out.
Good luck and fly safe.

Frederic

#3 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

David Hable will now upgrade the upper and lower junction boxes to HD with connectors of your choice on the front and back of the box. The eight pin SD Lemos leading to the center post (you do have these and the quick release, right?) will be replaced with the newer 19 pin Leno. Then buy an HD center post cable from PRO and have David put it in the post.

#4 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Cross posted with Frederic. David has since changed his tune and invested in the stuff to make this happen. Jack at PRO is happy to have him do it (or to sell you new stuff). It's a good thing. David just did my PRO Lite. Cool sled!!! And it now matches my PRO 3HD.

#5 Justin Browne

Justin Browne

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 49 posts
  • los angeles

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for all the input. Appreciate it.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech

IDX

Boland Communications

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Teradek