• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peter Dmitriyev

Peter Dmitriyev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

Hello everyone. I have a Steadicam Flyer LE. I'm not a pro steadicam operator, it's simply part of my Red camera kit so excuse me for any errant descriptions.

But basically there is the tightening screw piece on the actual top of the sled that has fallen out and gone missing.

When you attach the camera to the top of the sled mount, there is a screw that you have to tighten in order to "lock" the bracket/quick release plate onto the top of the sled. This piece consisted of a screw like piece with a little metal wedge which is the part that actuall wedges itself against the release plate when you screw it tight in order to lock it in from sliding and falling off the top of the sled.

This little tightening screw with tiny metal wedge has gotten loose and dislodged itself and is now lost. I need to find out asap how to replace this preferably in or around new york city or where I can order a replacement part.

Anyone here have any extras I can buy off them or can tell me where to get this please?

Thank you!

#2 James Puli

James Puli

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 211 posts
  • Australia wide! (depends where my car is parked)

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

Call Michael Craigs at the Tiffen Factory in Glendale! He hooked me up with a couple of spares of this part a few weeks ago!

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Camera Motion Research

Ritter Battery

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies