• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bui Baldvinsson

Bui Baldvinsson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

I just had a nice question for the B camera unit I have the privilege of servicing :)

But the production is now asking about solution of sending footage from B camera unit
"that is going to be hundred miles away"
To the Main camera base. So the director can see what the B Camera unit is doing...
He would love to see live footage. But I think If there is a way to stream takes.

Is there any solutions of this.

thank you guy's...

All suggestions accepted.

#2 Lawrence Karman

Lawrence Karman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

I have seen this done with a product called a Slingbox. And you may also be able to use a Teradeck transmitter. The Slingbox allows you to view the video feed going in to it anywhere from a web connection. You would need web access at both locations (4G wireless card/laptop or tethered cell phone at the camera end) There are video assist companies that have this whole set-up in a briefcase. You might check on the video assist forum for detailed answers. The Teradeck transmitter also works through the web. I'm sure there are other options out there.

#3 Bui Baldvinsson

Bui Baldvinsson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

thank you for this..
I have the Teradek and I will try to use that package.

But the only thing in that in the middle of nowhere in Iceland..
Might be sometimes hard to get the signal ;)

But I have told them that ;)

#4 William Demeritt

William Demeritt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1043 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Perhaps the newer Teradek Bond could be used?

Allows for cellular bonding, so you can stream over 3G and 4G networks. Again assuming you were in a good cellular coverage area, you could stream video live from it, but also coordinate the playback of dailies?

#5 Troy Harrington

Troy Harrington

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

Cellular Bonding is definitely the most viable option for this as it's the most versatile piece of equipment. With ideal network conditions you can stream live with only 3 seconds of latency, and if you need to be safe you can buffer up to 20 seconds. Supporting 3G/4G cellular/wireless, WiFi, Ethernet, and satellite will guarantee that a broadcaster can air live news from any location around the world. 

My companies take on this is the AVIWEST Cellular Uplink.

Have a good one!

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems