Avalon RF already has a powerful COFDM SD diversity receiver system for NTSC/ PAL, as well as Analog versions with all with diversity receivers.
Allow me to offer a few bullet points for your review and the appropriate PDF brochure or with the HD system a preliminary PDF for each.
Avalon RF Inc. is a US manufacturer located in the San Diego area / El Cajon, of wireless video links via analog, COFDM digital SD or HD and Wireless two way digital links for UHF, L band, 2.4 and 5.8Ghz. We specialize in standard or OEM units in custom frequency ranges. COFDM is a very robust penetrating signal that goes through many walls in urban areas or long distance.
• COFDM OTX series transmitter, 700mw optional data, and encryption, input is SD, NTSC or PAL at 720 x 480 pixel resolution including 2 channels of audio if needed and only 6 watts of power usage.
• COFDM ODX series, diversity dual antenna receiver for UHF, L band, & 2.4 GHz, output is SD NTSC or PAL 720 x 480
• Options include remote UHF down converters, quantity two with N connectors, to allow low loss remote extension of diversity antenna either up or horizontal hundreds of feet.
• Option up to 6 panel antennas can be added from 2.2 to 2.6 GHz. Three for each receiver input to allow six multidirectional receptions.
• HD COFDM -NEW in July/August 2012 - COFDM HDX and HTX (( HD )) point to point link with only 2 frames of latency end to end with example transmitter 40 mile range, with transmitter, no fans, only 10 watts of power for 700 mw output with HD/SD auto detect 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080Psf, 480/30, 576/25, and state of the art cooling, no noisy fans. H.264 link to link transfer of Megapixel camera info or for NLOS applications.
• New HD brochure will be posted soon or just respond to my e-mail.
Subject: NEW COFDM HD Wireless System estimated availability late mid to late July, 2012
From a Made in USA Company - Avalon RF Inc – in the San Diego, CA area. www.avalonrf.com
Applications: Wireless COFDM HD Links for 1080Psf HD and also SD .
Light weight UAV versions available as well.
New OWM COFDM Monitor Receiver:
Our standard COFDM NTSC/PAL OTX/ODX & OWM 7” digital monitor / receiver models are also available for video assist on SD or OWM can simply use HD transmitter at 480i/30 for 5.8Ghz or 2.4Ghz receive on separate units.
The idea is to see the HD image & format since HD resolution is not detectable unless you have a 15 inch or higher monitor so use a less expensive lap type monitor receiver and save your funding. Our OWM model is digital from the two antennas directly to the 7 inch LCD with no analog conversions for a pristine subtle image.
Our HD Preliminary PDF’s are attached, with helpful bullet points below:
• This HD wireless system is a definite game changer that is an excellent value and ahead of the curve with latest technology i-5 processor.
• Our focus is the movie, video assist, reality show & ENG markets and our features reflect these markets required needs from our valued customers.
• No Noisy Fans, our transmitters are silent 100% of the time and you will not burn your hands on our HD transmitter, due to effective efficient RF design less heat and more RF into the antenna drawing only 10 watts max for extended battery life.
• Full auto detect and operation on HD/SD auto detect 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 1080Psf, 480/30, 576/25 with programmability for any others.
• HDMI optional output
• VERY LOW Latency of only 2 frames end to end on receiver & transmitter, one each.
• 12 volts with power draw of only 10 watts with full 500mw RF output with 9-20 volt DC range.
• Long Distance or fast movement is not a problem. Diversity receive of robust COFDM signal with dual receive antennas that can easily be separated normally or by 100+ feet or whatever is convenient to the user from a van to up a pole at a racetrack to a stadium situation, to a movie shoot etc.
• No effects from fast movement and only 10 second battery change over.
• Receiver is a light weight 1 U design in one of our DX604 type housings.
• Long Distance COFDM DVB-T standards with air to ground of 40 miles on 2.4Ghz with the right panel antenna or extreme building wall penetration, not OFDM. Ideal penetration of many walls in urban environment. Using 5dBi omni antennas we go through 10 or more walls, metalic reflective glass windows and still get 1/2 mile 5dBi omni to omni. This easily extends out to 40 miles or less depending on frequency with use of proper panel antennas and elevated antennas due to our very popular external down converter option there are minimal losses as they attach right to the panels via mating N connectors. On 2.4Ghz you have the choice of even adding 4 more antennas for total of 6 / 3 for each receive input pointed anywhere you want…some 20dBi for long haul, some 9 dBi’s to cover 360 deg etc…aimed up 45 deg, forward, back…you get the idea. You can overlap the 20dBi panels to achieve a nice quadrant coverage or for helicopter coverage. This can be done on 5.8Ghz but more expensively. The lower the frequency the longer the distance and better the penetration.
• Anton Bauer or Sony plate battery mount options or light weight chassis on transmitter for UAV helicopter applications at 160-222 grams.
• Longer Battery Life - Is your battery going dead transmitting the last frame while in hold pattern? Avalon RF HD system will incorporate an Instant on from sleep mode with full memory and much less power draw from batteries in sleep mode and thus, less battery swaps along with only using 10 watts at full 500mw of power.
• Full encryption of digital signal if needed. Bands of operation are 5.8 GHz, 2.4GHz, or L band in HD video along with two audio channels and a data channel in robust QPSK at 8 MHz band width for best signal standard, 7 or 6 MHz as well.
Feel free to click on my email to reply and please let me know your particular wireless project, application, time lines or other contacts for these cost effective wireless point to point encoder and decoder. I could only get the HD receiver posted my other files I can send if you e-mail me.
Thank you for your time.
Business Development Manager
Avalon RF Inc.