#1 David Hughes

David Hughes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • London

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:53 AM

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has inspected or purchased a european made ss1 or ss2 vest by sprint? they seem to be good value at the moment but I haven't seen one is any one using one who can give me some feedback about quality and easy of use. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

#2 JensSchroder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 05:10 PM

Hi Dave,

I had the same impression when I first saw the vest on the photo. Looked pretty neat to me and because I am on a small budget, I bought one from Jan. First of all it took more than 3 months before I received all parts of the vest. And whenever I received an incomplete parcel he had the wildest explanations. And even that I would have accepted if the vest were at least usable but in the end I found out that you can not close the waist section tight if you are normal size (my waist size is 33).

I asked Jan about my problems but in the end I got insulted. After calling my lawyer he took the vest back but it cost me at least 300,- Euro (paypal fee, shipping etc.).

If you are still interested in that vest, let Jan send you the vest for a test. Then you will see.

Take care and best wishes from Germany,

#3 tomspark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 09:29 PM

It is rather hard getting information about about the Progear / Sprint products as the links on the site don't work so well. Has anyone had experience using the SSV1 Vest? If you have, I am interested in comments you might have, pro's and cons compared to your experience's with other similar style vests.

#4 Anthony Graham

Anthony Graham

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • UK

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:53 AM

Jon Has your vest arrived yet? Tom the only problem that i'm aware of is that they are not really comfortable for people with less than a 32" waist, there a bit loose! not a problem for me then! :P

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

Paralinx LLC

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers