2 replies to this topic

#1 William Demeritt

William Demeritt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1057 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:26 AM

Now selling a Decimator Designs MD-DUCC (Down Up Cross Converter). I bought it new from AbelCine in LA a few months ago, but it turns it it doesn't do what I wanted it to do.

Also, I know it will hurt my sale opportunity, but I'll be honest with you: it's a pain in the ass to configure. Once it's configured, you're golden, but the LED based menu system is a PAIN! The operations manual doesn't really explain to you HOW to navigate the menu, I had Perry Drago at TECADS explain it to me.

However, it does a bunch of things that maybe you have use for: HD to HD, HD to SD (just like a Decimator/Decimator 2), SD-SDI to HD-SDI (NOT analog to HD-SDI, which I thought I was buying).

Lots of bells, lots of whistles. Maybe someone has a use for it? End of the day, it will still do what a Decimator downconverter does, plus a few other tricks that maybe you'll use? Maybe you won't. Either way, buy it off me if you want it.

Sells new for $695 plus tax

Give me $550. I dare you. I'll pay shipping, local LA pickup preferred. Comes with the AC power connector. Otherwise it's going on flEabay.

If you're coming to CineGear, I'll even give it to you personally and buy you a beer somewhere.

Here's more info about the thing: http://decimator.com...CC/MD-DUCC.html

#2 William Demeritt

William Demeritt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1057 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Sale pending

#3 William Demeritt

William Demeritt

Advanced Member