No replies to this topic

#1 JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1359 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

Hi fellow new coming operators.

I have some advice for all of you. Do whatever you like with it, but it could save you some headache and or cash :-)

When i started as an operator i had no clue about equipment. I did listen to the ads made by brands to much. If the ad looked cool, i was already turned on. Wow, that rig looks cool so it has to be great. WRONG

Or operators and or factorys doing cool stuff and raving about there gear. ( The will never admit when the buy crap, becose it means the cant sell it anymore, or wont get proper service.

Or buying a rig and trying to upgrade it while it is impossible to do so, You try becose you dont have the cash for a proper setup but at the end spending to much money on it and end up with a piece of crap.

There are a bunch of great operators on this forum, who could help saving you from all the wrong decisions made by themselve. ( myself included ;-)

Ask them, PM them, keep asking, try the rig, but then again ASK THEM.

People cant really decide wich rig is good for them, simple becose the dont have the experience to notice the difference.

I also have a thing with workshops. In my opinion a workshop should be given with ALL brands. Not only there own. I know, its great to talk a new operator into the brand your selling, but its not good for us as an operator, you should be able to learn AND test everything out there. Dont get me wrong, GET THAT WORKSHOP, it will bring you lightyears of time, but dont get yourself a rig you later on will regred.( or not )

Now, what i have learned in all those years is that every brand have some good and some less good stuff. I am happy that the stuff i use all fit each other. Meaning a vest from bla bla, a rig from blabla, gimbal from somebody else and so on and on, to my personal taste. Not every brand fits another, wich isnt that great imo, but most top brands do.

Choose wise, and with sence. Ask away

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Paralinx LLC

Camera Motion Research

Ritter Battery

Omnishot Systems

Boland Communications