• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Fabrilio

Alex Fabrilio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

hello there, i looking for steadicam training courses for like 2-4 month or more, not for 6 day or something, don't care which country is it, professional teachers/consultants MUST, recommend me if you know any school/college/workshop need to know also how much it coast, thanks

#2 Henry Gelhart

Henry Gelhart

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 102 posts
  • Florida and Germany

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

Alex: Unlike the military, there is no month(s) long boot-camp for steadicam. Taking a few day workshop is already a great start that teaches you the basics of working with the steadicam. The rest really is practice, practice and practice. Personally I have never heard of operators personally training individuals for several months. Of course you can take multiple workshops in the row, but financially wise, after four months, you might be kinda low on cash.
Just my .00002 cents
Henry

#3 Alex Fabrilio

Alex Fabrilio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Alex: Unlike the military, there is no month(s) long boot-camp for steadicam. Taking a few day workshop is already a great start that teaches you the basics of working with the steadicam. The rest really is practice, practice and practice. Personally I have never heard of operators personally training individuals for several months. Of course you can take multiple workshops in the row, but financially wise, after four months, you might be kinda low on cash.
Just my .00002 cents
Henry

maybe u right but i guess 6 day is not enough to learn everything, i practicing everyday on my steadicam in studio ( working on television studio as cameraman ) but i don't have instructor and just walking with steadicam around in office need to do some tricks hard shots but for that i need an instructor
that what i have Posted Image
Posted Image
but its to heavy ... :( and i never can stabilized it perfect :(
recommend me if you know any school/college/workshop need to know also how much it coast, thanks
sorry for my bad English

#4 Kevin Andrews SOC

Kevin Andrews SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 348 posts
  • Denver CO

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

http://www.steadicam...am_efp_dvd.html

#5 Alex Fabrilio

Alex Fabrilio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

http://www.steadicam...am_efp_dvd.html

Thanks Kevin !!!

#6 Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 674 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Alex, After you watch the EFP video and try the exercises in it, you'll have a better understanding on how to balance the system, and find the Center of Gravity, etc... And if after that you still want to get personal instruction, The 5-6 day courses here in the states and sometimes in Europe would be a great experience and you will be surprised at how much you learn in one of these courses. The course may not answer all of your questions, but you'll know the best way to search for your answers after the course.

Regards,
Osvaldo Silvera

#7 Jameson Johnson

Jameson Johnson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 64 posts
  • Minneapolis, MN

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:01 PM

As Jerry would say, "Read the damn book."

http://www.amazon.co...37533166&sr=8-1

This is a ton of great advice, exercises, stories, etc. Read it, read it again, practice, do the line dances, keep at it.

J

#8 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Practice with a rig and an experienced op and/or workshop, then use the book to expand on what you learned. You can read all the kung fu instructional books and "practice" moves but unless you actually see them done and have a little personal instruction you will miss important nuances. The efp video is great. The book is good too, but the video imho is much better.

PLC - Bartech

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

BOXX

SkyDreams

Teradek

rebotnix Technologies