1 reply to this topic

#1 Mark Schlicher

Mark Schlicher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Nashville, TN

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Since there is an unspoken code of how the Forum desires/expects newbies to conduct themselves, I recommend creating a pinned thread at the top of the Steadi-Newbies sub-forum to make those expectations clear. I believe it would save a lot of frustration and irritation for those who chafe at having to repeat the same advice, and would establish this sub-forum as a welcoming place for the serious-minded beginning professional.

#2 William Demeritt

William Demeritt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1043 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 01:26 PM

Lots of forums help avoid the first-post blues by pinning a simple "Before you post, read this" with all of the "Welcome to the EXCITING WORLD of STEADICAM" type of warnings like:

- Use the search function. Your question has probably already been answered before.
- Lurk first, read the content, take it all in, and ask questions only if you cannot find the answer on your own.
- A small community of working professionals contribute here, so try to show a level of professionalism you would when making a first impression anywhere work related.
- Please don't get your panties in a bunch when the gear you were eyeballing is torn apart by the working professionals here.

I'd be happy to contribute a Newbie Warning thread, but I would imagine the moderators could put something up more reflective of what they want new members to read.

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Paralinx LLC

GPI Pro Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Camera Motion Research