• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Chameides

Dave Chameides

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

I may be heading to Haiti to shoot a doc there in May and will be using a D5 or something similar. I haven't flown one of these types of bodies before so any thoughts would be helpful. I'll be checking it out ahead of time but it's always good to have experienced voices weigh in. Also, as I'll be a crew of two most likely, I may be pulling my own focus. For what we are doing it's not a huge deal as it's almost all day exterior but it would be nice to be able to adjust myself for artistic reasons. Any thoughts on motors on these things and a gimbal mounted focus control? Anyone have one they want to donate to an amazing cause?

#2 Afton Grant

Afton Grant

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • New York, Boston

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

I've got one for a Bartech if that works for you. Happy to lend it. Also, I'm off to Haiti for my eighth time on Saturday. If you want to chat about things down there, shooting or otherwise, let me know.

Cheers,
Afton

#3 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Dave,

Yup, Afton is the the expert on shooting Steadi there! He even bought a Tiffen Pilot rig for the shoots which is something you may want to consider. Fits in a backup and not worth 100K+. Give him a call.

#4 Michael Fuchs

Michael Fuchs

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 39 posts
  • New York, NY

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

I've got one for a Bartech if that works for you. Happy to lend it. Also, I'm off to Haiti for my eighth time on Saturday. If you want to chat about things down there, shooting or otherwise, let me know.

Cheers,
Afton

OMG you're going down there again. Just the thought of it brings back VIVID memories. Afton can answer any and all Steadi/Haiti questions and if I can donate some piece of gear you might end up needing feel free to reach out. I have the bartech wired gimbal control thing too among other things like a Viewfactor cage that works for 5D--good for holding camera rigidly in place on top of a weight plate.

Afton, feel free to stay down there and let Alec and I tag in and out for Kill Your Darlings. Think about it.

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions

BOXX

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Boland Communications

SkyDreams

Omnishot Systems

Teradek

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Betz Tools for Stabilizers