#1 Alex Schwinn

Alex Schwinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hi there,

as a new member I would like to introduce myself:

I´m 35 years old and semi-prof photographer, shooting with Canon Equipment (1D and a bunch of lenses :-) )
Because of working in a testing facililty for Li-Ion batterys and the corresponding video documentations
I was faced with the video thing. We're using 3 Panasonic TM-HS900 cams and 2 GoPro Hero HD cameras.
To edit the footage we use Adobe Premiere and a fast Video Station.
The new member in our video collection is a Phantom v641 with a Cinemag.
We'll use it for our Batterycrashes and for the Photovoltaic panel testing (Iceball shootout ;-) )
In summary I'm responsible for all the stuff and I hope to learn a lot in this forum.

You may ask why I've done the registration in that steadicam forum?

Because I've bought a stabilizing system to test some things (with DSRL and Panasonic) and to have some fun with it :-)
Seriously my boss wants to make an image film based on our work in the laboratory.
It contains footage of preparing battery`s for the test, e.g. nailtesting, crush, crash, overcharge, short circuit, etc.,
as well as action scenes like extinguishing fires. (We are trained fire fighters)

For that reason I'd like to use the Smoother/Glidecam System with the Panasonic and Hero HD.
1st tests has been done but this footage is horrible...

Maybe someday I can put on the Phantom v641 on the rig :-) But that is pure dreaming.

Okay. That´s it for the moment.
Sorry for my bad english, but I'm german and english isn't my mother tongue.

#2 Janice Arthur

Janice Arthur

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:27 PM

I can't say we all like a lot of the lower end stabilizers but we can certainly help u

I think your background in battery research is very interesting and I think we will be learning from u

Please feel free to contribute your battery knowledge.

#3 Alex Schwinn

Alex Schwinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hey Janice,

thanks for your reply.
Regarding the low-end stabilizers I'm going to try out the system and learn on the lowest platform.
Hopefully that´s the best way.
Merlin and Co actually is out of my budget.

And if there are any questions in Lithium-Ion battery technology that will help you doing your shots
I'll do my best answering them :-)
Feel free to contact me.

best regards

Camera Motion Research

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications