6 replies to this topic

#1 David M. Aronson

David M. Aronson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 263 posts
  • Arlington, VA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

After reading up a little bit, I've learned that the Master series arm has problems. The one that concerns me the most is that the arm section nearest to the vest almost constantly goes CLUNK into the elbow unless I contort the arm into an awkward position. I put a small piece of foam latex in the spot, but It's clearly not a permanent fix. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Over 15 minutes in broadcast film and tv production
Washington, DC

Site

#2 Chris Callarman

Chris Callarman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm having trouble understanding exactly what a "clunk into the elbow" means. Could you go into a bit more detail or attach a picture illustrating the issue?

#3 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

I'm having trouble understanding exactly what a "clunk into the elbow" means. Could you go into a bit more detail or attach a picture illustrating the issue?

I think he means the arm "locks" and yes, thats normal with that arm
Job Scholtze
Steadicam / Camera Operator
Webpage
IMDb

#4 Tom Wills

Tom Wills

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 348 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

Actually, from the sound of it, he's saying that the elbow is banging into the arm section nearest the vest. On my Master arm, there's some rubber on the part that the elbow would hit against, to keep it from making a loud noise if it hits. If yours is missing, I'm sure you can find some self-stick rubber pads to put in its place.

If it's something else, I think you need to provide a better description of what's going on.
-Tom Wills

#5 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1062 posts
  • Los Angeles, Boston, New York

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

After reading up a little bit, I've learned that the Master series arm has problems. The one that concerns me the most is that the arm section nearest to the vest almost constantly goes CLUNK into the elbow unless I contort the arm into an awkward position. I put a small piece of foam latex in the spot, but It's clearly not a permanent fix. Has anyone come up with a solution?

Give Robert Luna a call, he's the best at fixing or knowing what is wrong with a master arm.

Robert Luna
310-621-4763
Peace Out
Rob

#6 David M. Aronson

David M. Aronson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 263 posts
  • Arlington, VA

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

Actually, from the sound of it, he's saying that the elbow is banging into the arm section nearest the vest. On my Master arm, there's some rubber on the part that the elbow would hit against, to keep it from making a loud noise if it hits. If yours is missing, I'm sure you can find some self-stick rubber pads to put in its place.

If it's something else, I think you need to provide a better description of what's going on.

That's what I was trying to say, you just said it better. The elbow joint hits the end of the arm section. One side of the arm has the rubber pad, the other doesn't.

Over 15 minutes in broadcast film and tv production
Washington, DC

Site

#7 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

That's what I was trying to say, you just said it better. The elbow joint hits the end of the arm section. One side of the arm has the rubber pad, the other doesn't.

ah, well, that rubber stuff you can get from almost every store? doorbumpers or so?
Job Scholtze
Steadicam / Camera Operator
Webpage
IMDb

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Ritter Battery

Stabilizer Workshops

Camera Motion Research

PLC Electronics Solutions

The Slider Camera Movement System