#1 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2208 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

Hey fellas,

I'm starting to feel a little awkward about this sort of self-promotion but in this day and age, it seems like everyone is out tooting their horns every five minutes so I should just get over myself, huh?

Well anyway. The series I shot this past fall, "Key & Peele", premieres this Tuesday, 10:30 pm EST on Comedy Central. It's my first network series as the sole DP and it was a good one. We shot 53 sketches on location in 23 days, all with different looks--it sure wasn't easy, but we had the sense we were making good television so it was all worth it.

The first episode is the pilot which I shot on the 1DMKIV. For the regular season I switched to Sony F3's with the S-log function, which worked very nicely. The "live" wraparounds we shot on five iso'd F800's.

Plenty of former and present Steadicam pedigree on the show; Former Steadicam operators Chris Hood (pilot) and Denis Moran (series) operated A-camera, with Nick Franco handling B/Steadi for the series. On the "live" portions, Rob Vuona did Steadicam on the pilot and Maik Kuhne took over for the series. Unfortunately, Rob's fine work will never see the light of day as those segments in the pilot were replaced.

Check it out--the critical and public reaction has so far been very positive. There are a bunch of clips on Youtube, although only a few are from the show itself, the rest done by Comedy Central's web and promo divisions.

cheers all!

#2 Bryant Swanstrom

Bryant Swanstrom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Santa Barbara, CA

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

Congrats CP! Looking forward to seeing it all.

#3 Kevin Andrews SOC

Kevin Andrews SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 345 posts
  • Denver CO

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:09 PM

For sure. I like the "almost got mugged on the phone" promo and Obama's anger translator. Definitely some of the funnier TV out lately.

#4 Chris Medico

Chris Medico

• Sustaining Members
  • 11 posts
  • Central North Carolina

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

I have been seeing the ads for the show over the last few days. Looks like its going to be funny!

Congrats Charles!!

#5 BJMcDonnell SOC

BJMcDonnell SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 387 posts
  • Malibu, Ca.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hey Charles!!!

Congrats dude!! awesome! Colton Dunn I think is a writer on that show. I worked with him. totally cool dude. CONGRATS!!!

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

rebotnix Technologies

Camera Motion Research

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus