3 replies to this topic

#1 montaser abou saada

montaser abou saada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

hi guys :)
so i bought a used steadicam in a good condition , its a master film cine and its full kit , vest , arm , sled ..
so the the guy who soled me the steadicam is a DP and he bought it used but never used it ..
so am a focus puller now but operating the steadicam was my dream so i want to train on it in my yard , but i need a camera so i have a sony camcorder with an A/V OUT only !! so whats the best way to connect it to the steadicam ? i know that i have to put more weight on the cage so the weight can be similar to an HD camera .. but whats the way to connect it ? and what do u think about the price ?
thank u guys and i wish i can be good as u are guys , any tips would be appreciated :)

#2 Stefano Ben

Stefano Ben

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 103 posts
  • Italy

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:40 PM

8.000 USD For a complete Master Film (Sled Arm Vest accessories) it's an excelent price! Wooow!!! Just looking for a Master sled for sale in the forum and you will know what I mean! For a good condition system it's a Great Price, really!

You can training yourself with a simply handheld camera with about 10kg of weight.

For the video in/outputs all depends about your camera and monitor sled (green screen monitor) doesn't work in HD... so if you have an HD camera... first thing, change it or buy a downconverter.

Really simple... connect the SD signal cable from camera to the SD BNC input and power on the sled and monitor... must works. For the A/V input, it's must be the same cable for connect the Canon 5D... driving to the first shop and ask for a simple 5D jack cable with Video and Audio R/L separated.

Remember also to power on the camera!

For the rest of all.... Take a workshop!!! Ther's so many things to know about flying a steadicam... Personally, I'll never stop learning...

Fly Safe!

Best, Steve

#3 montaser abou saada

montaser abou saada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

thx bro this was very useful :) i'll keep u posted about the my training news :)

#4 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 774 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:17 PM

Hi firend.
Take care with a switch in the front body of the sled (CAMERA/VTR). Turn it in to camera.
This is a simple and usual mistake.
Fly, fly...

Omnishot Systems

Camera Motion Research

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications