#1 Norbert von der Heidt

Norbert von der Heidt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 151 posts
  • Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:54 AM

Hi Folks

Just want to pass on some info re: my missing Master Series Broadcast sled. I had shipped it to Indonesia on a hire out as part of a shipment, that included an EFP vest in another box and Fedex handled the shipment with pickup from me by Australian Air Express. The vest arrived in Indonesia okay but the case with the sled and accessories has now been missing for about 5 weeks. Fedex has given up searching so now it's time to make a claim.

The sled details are: Model# 9MS900 and Serial# 195133SF. If you should come across this sled for sale anywhere, please PM me with whatever info you can give.

Thanx all,
Norbert

#2 Andrew Ansnick

Andrew Ansnick

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 137 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 08 January 2012 - 05:33 AM

WOW.

Sorry to hear about your sled not arriving as scheduled at it's destination! I hope it does turn up and it was just lost in transit somehow. In the meantime I'll keep my eyes and ears open for it to resurface. Any chance insurance will be buying you a brand new sled?

#3 Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Osvaldo Silvera SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 674 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

Sorry to here about the loss of the sled. Fed Ex has always been good about paying losses with me. They once flat out lost a 2C body and I had insured it for $5K, they paid within 3 weeks. Never did find it.

If it's not destroyed it will turn up at some point.
Did you insure it?

#4 Norbert von der Heidt

Norbert von der Heidt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hi Osvaldo

The problem may come from the fact it wasn't picked up by Fedex themselves but by a 3rd party, Australian Air Express, who are the ones who lost it before it was transferred into Fedex's hands.
Yes, it's insured through Professional Photographers Insurance Brokers so I should be covered either way. I hope the whole claim process goes smoothly.

Cheers
Norbert

#5 Norbert von der Heidt

Norbert von der Heidt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Hi all

Just got an email from Fedex stating that since I neglected to put an amount on the "Carriage Value" line which by the way, I've never been asked to do before and is in really small 2pt type squeezed under the main info box, they are only going to pay $250.

Thanks for nothing Fedex but I'm not done with you yet :angry:

#6 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

Norbert,

Did you pay FedEx for additional insurance? If not, it falls on your (or client's) policy. FedEx insurance is very pricy and I feel a box with a huge value on it is more likely to go missing so I don't add any additional amount. In the event of trouble though, FedEx owes you nothing.

#7 Norbert von der Heidt

Norbert von der Heidt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hi all

I never had been offered insurance from Fedex so never knew they had it but good to know for next time. I'm now dealing with all this through my insurer and hope they come through for me, pinkies X'd

Cheers
Norbert

GPI Pro Systems

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

BOXX

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Omnishot Systems

PLC - Bartech