#1 Kelsey W. Smith

Kelsey W. Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:31 AM

I was operating the other day and the little spring from the socket block broke (more like exploded!). Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?? Is there any reason why I can't still operate with out this spring?? It seems to fully work without this spring just fine, interesting. It looks like this might be more of a issue if you are operating with a hard mount, i.e. ATV. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kelsey W.

#2 Richard W. Davis

Richard W. Davis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 232 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 January 2005 - 09:37 AM

[quote name='steadiguy' date='Jan 28 2005, 03:31 AM']
I was operating the other day and the little spring from the socket block broke (more like exploded!). Does anyone know where I can find a replacement?? Is there any reason why I can't still operate with out this spring??

Kelsey,

Robert Luna is the guy to take care of you.(I assume you are using a 3A arm/Masterarm) You can certainly get by until you get it fixed. When it happened to me it just made the arm feel strange so I was happy to get it fixed. I don't think there are any serious repercussions to not using in the mean time. Oh oh, I don't have Robert's # anymore...My Palm crashed. Anybody?

Good Luck,

Rich Davis

#3 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 718 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 03:16 PM

Robert's #: 323-938-5659

#4 Kelsey W. Smith

Kelsey W. Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 29 January 2005 - 07:30 AM

Excellent! Thanks guys.

Kelsey W. :)

#5 Hugo_Langer

Hugo_Langer

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 122 posts
  • Melbourne, VIC

Posted 20 February 2005 - 05:49 AM

In the past, some of the guys here have asked us to repair their pin blocks when the return spring has broken.

We can send you a changeover pin block as we nearly always have one or two re-conditioned ones on the shelf.

So, in the future, depending on our stocks, we're happy to immediately ship out a pin block to anyone in need.

But don't be concerned about continuing to fly with a broken return spring. It's perfectly safe but may feel a bit weird.

Best of luck,
Hugo
Rig Engineering Australia

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Varizoom Follow Focus

IDX

Boland Communications

Teradek