2 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Wymer

Stephen Wymer

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 57 posts
  • Oklahoma City

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:18 PM

Here's the breakdown of a... hypothetical situation.

Celebrity(we'll call him "Subject A") takes part in documentary shoot. Day one, second shot(shot one was 18 minute interview on sticks), take one out of one ("Subject A" was only working 45 minutes), walk n' talk. Steadicam operator( we'll call him "Me") goes to one, roll sound, camera speed, slate in, mark, action and "Subject A" charges "Me", stops after "Me" scrambles backwards across sloped terrain. "Subject A" laughs. "Me" does not.

Anyone had a similar situation? If you have, was it as fun for you as it was for "Me". I wasn't even wearing red.

I'm considering dropping my plans to hit a big rig workshop and instead spend that money on a trip to Spain to train as a matador. Seems like a more sound investment at this point.

Stephen

#2 Kristy Dyson

Kristy Dyson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

When one of my shoots involved the 'talent' being a jokester while I was operating, I stopped, removed the gimbal from my vest and handed the rig (with a 22lb camera on it) to the guy. Fortunately, he was strong enough to not drop it. A first hand look at how heavy it was ended any more fooling around like that on the shoot. (BTW: not my rig, not my camera, fully insured and a government worker with job security)

#3 Stephen Wymer

Stephen Wymer

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 57 posts
  • Oklahoma City

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:49 PM

When one of my shoots involved the 'talent' being a jokester while I was operating, I stopped, removed the gimbal from my vest and handed the rig (with a 22lb camera on it) to the guy. Fortunately, he was strong enough to not drop it. A first hand look at how heavy it was ended any more fooling around like that on the shoot. (BTW: not my rig, not my camera, fully insured and a government worker with job security)

That's kind of awesome.

Stephen

SkyDreams

BOXX

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Teradek

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

Omnishot Systems