3 replies to this topic

#1 john johnston photography

john johnston photography

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

Hi folks.
I have a few questions im hoping you's can answer.

Im looking at getting the glidecam HD1000. Does anyone know if its possible to use a different quick release plate ( or even one on top of the glidecam one )

The reasoning is so i can quickly change between the glidecam and tripod/monopod.
Plus im thinking the one with the glidecam is rather large and would restrict taking photos with the plate attached? Is that true?

Or if you know of other good ones around the same price range and has a small quick release plate i'd love to hear

Thanks

#2 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:36 PM

Hi folks.
I have a few questions im hoping you's can answer.

Im looking at getting the glidecam HD1000. Does anyone know if its possible to use a different quick release plate ( or even one on top of the glidecam one )

The reasoning is so i can quickly change between the glidecam and tripod/monopod.
Plus im thinking the one with the glidecam is rather large and would restrict taking photos with the plate attached? Is that true?

Or if you know of other good ones around the same price range and has a small quick release plate i'd love to hear

Thanks

The answer is yes, any one you like

The bigger question is , why Glidecam ?

a piece of equipment that as far as I have been told is something your going to want to sell soon after you buy it

#3 Michael Suchar

Michael Suchar

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 32 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 04 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

John you could try this item from manfrotto they make several size plates that you can by separately.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item588f316ef3

If money is a concern, theres also a knock off copy made in India that I think is cross compatible.

What camera are you using?

#4 Alec Jarnagin SOC

Alec Jarnagin SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1800 posts
  • New York City, USA

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:28 AM

John,

Please also note that Steadicam is spelled with an "i" and not a "y."
It is intellectual property - the best kind at that. You are also entering a community of seasoned ops who take it far too seriously. So, scew the Glydecam.....

SkyDreams

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

Teradek

IDX

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

Wireless Video Systems

BOXX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

PLC Electronics Solutions

Omnishot Systems