• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Schnaidt

Tom Schnaidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:59 AM

Curious if anyone can help shed some light on the "recovery Charge" feature of the PAG charging system. I have an AR304, which supposedly has a "maintenance" charge feature as well, though I dont see that on the selector switch. Hmmm. Any input appreciated.

Happy New Year to all.

Tom

#2 DougLongwill

DougLongwill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:17 PM

The charger will begin the maintenance charge automatically after all the connected batteries are charged. The recovery charge must be activted by holding the recovery switch for longer than five seconds and is shown by the STANDBY and CHARGING indicators flashing alternately. Hope that helps.

Doug

#3 Tom Schnaidt

Tom Schnaidt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:50 PM

Thanks Doug. I guess then my question becomes what exactly is a recovery charge. When exactly do I want to choose this option. thanks again.

Tom

#4 DougLongwill

DougLongwill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:52 PM

According to the manual you want to use this option when a Ni-cad has been over-discharged and the charger indicates that the battery is faulty. I have personally used it after fast charging one of my batteries and I could only get two of the three green lights to illumintate. One cycle in the recovery charge brought all three greens. I guess I should note that this was with the AR301 and a 28.8V batt.

Doug

Varizoom Follow Focus

IDX

Teradek

Engineered Cinema Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Paralinx LLC

SkyDreams

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems