• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Wilson

Michael Wilson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

I can't seem to tune the arm up perfectly. The arm section closest to the gimbal pretty much remains horizontal until the other section (closest to my body) gets close to its vertical limit. I am currently using two blacks throughout the entire arm. I have interchanged all of my 4 black springs and the sections still don't follow one another as they should. I spent a few hours today playing with tension in each bone and can't seem to get it figured out. I tried 4 blues and the arm sections seemed to follow each other nicely. With all this in mind the arm still booms smoothly and isolates my movements perfectly. I'm just missing a bit of finesse with the bones moving together and not having one hit its bumpers while the other still has a bit to go.

I'm also curious if anyone has ever had to replace or purchase another spring after one went down or wore out?

#2 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

Should have bought a g70. I will buy that thing off you

#3 James Davis

James Davis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 638 posts
  • London

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

Yeah those Pro Arms are renowned for being really bad.....I'll give you £50 for it, or a straight trade for my G50.

#4 Michael Wilson

Michael Wilson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

I'll keep these two generous offers in mind.

I was looking a little closer at the arm and how it moves. One little thing I did notice, could be nothing, is the gimbal arm section comes to a stop before it hits the rubber bumpers.

#5 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

I can't seem to tune the arm up perfectly. The arm section closest to the gimbal pretty much remains horizontal until the other section (closest to my body) gets close to its vertical limit. I am currently using two blacks throughout the entire arm. I have interchanged all of my 4 black springs and the sections still don't follow one another as they should. I spent a few hours today playing with tension in each bone and can't seem to get it figured out. I tried 4 blues and the arm sections seemed to follow each other nicely. With all this in mind the arm still booms smoothly and isolates my movements perfectly. I'm just missing a bit of finesse with the bones moving together and not having one hit its bumpers while the other still has a bit to go.

I'm also curious if anyone has ever had to replace or purchase another spring after one went down or wore out?

First off. The springs will not wear out.

You have the tensions set incorrectly, wind them out to zero, then start to add lift until the arm is just below level on both sections. at that point both arms should track just fine.

Boland Communications

Omnishot Systems

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

IDX

Teradek

Paralinx LLC