• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron King

Aaron King

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

I am operating an Archer 2 rig with a 7" SD Tiffen Monitor. Today at a prep I came across an odd glitch where I was receiving video to my monitor without any video cables attached to it. It was a RED camera using a Downconverter & Modulus 3000. From the Camera video out I went into the Decimator and then Composite Out to the Modulus. I then went Active Loop out to run video through the sled to my monitor. Once the Modulus was up and running, my monitor image got a lot of static and while attempting to figure it out I unplugged the BNC from the Active Loop (for my monitor) and never lost image. In fact, I unplugged all BNC running to the sled monitor and never lost picture. Through out the rest of the prep today I never lost signal, even when powering everything down and booting back up I still was receiving video to my monitor with no BNC. Any idea how this was happening?

#2 Richard James Lewis

Richard James Lewis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • London, UK

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

Sounds like you are still getting composite to the monitor through the 8 way Lemo, as one would expect?

R

I am operating an Archer 2 rig with a 7" SD Tiffen Monitor. Today at a prep I came across an odd glitch where I was receiving video to my monitor without any video cables attached to it. It was a RED camera using a Downconverter & Modulus 3000. From the Camera video out I went into the Decimator and then Composite Out to the Modulus. I then went Active Loop out to run video through the sled to my monitor. Once the Modulus was up and running, my monitor image got a lot of static and while attempting to figure it out I unplugged the BNC from the Active Loop (for my monitor) and never lost image. In fact, I unplugged all BNC running to the sled monitor and never lost picture. Through out the rest of the prep today I never lost signal, even when powering everything down and booting back up I still was receiving video to my monitor with no BNC. Any idea how this was happening?

#3 Aaron King

Aaron King

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

Well I guess now it's obvious what tool I haven't really used before. Thanks Richard, I just looked it up after your response and saw the specs. I guess I should have done that first, but thanks again.

Ritter Battery

Boland Communications

Teradek

PLC - Bartech

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Engineered Cinema Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems

IDX

SkyDreams