11 replies to this topic

#1 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

No idea where that other treath went, but i have a feeling how it went.

Anyway, just got back from 2 days of germany and want to make a public big thank you to Christian Betz, and his staff for the great time we had overthere. Great lunches, Great diner, and really impressive service. I got a dream rig now.

Just back, but made tons of pictures about the upgrade to real no problem HD and real power without drops. Also a neat level for the transvideo hd monitor with sensor under the post, and i also took a gimbal zoom that is made very clever.

I am higly impressed with that compagny and the people working there.

Big Thanks again.
Need sleep now..................

#2 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:16 AM

Clever zoom control ?

Do tell?
Hook a brother up with a picture?

#3 Anthony Violanto

Anthony Violanto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Los Angeles CA

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:48 AM

I agree Christian is a great example of customer service. He repaired my top stage just last week and is very helpful.
Rob, the zoom controller is on their website. Looks interesting. I dont want to mis speak, but I believe it is compatible with an external focus/iris/zoom controller as well ( the schnitte)

#4 Michael Wilson

Michael Wilson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen

#5 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:57 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen

Haha Michael. Give me a minute

#6 Tomas Riuka

Tomas Riuka

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 236 posts
  • Vilnius

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Maybe MK-V will learn from the pictures? Posted Image

#7 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

Guys,

I have got so many pm's in my mailbox this morning from you all with same issues. First of all, i wish you posted your issues here, like i took the effort to show you all what there is possible.
I am not trying to start a war here, but people should know there not the only one with issues and that there are several ways to solve your sled problems.

To Answer all:
1. Please email Christian Betz for a quote. But let me tell you, its the best if have spend so far.
2. Yes, it also did solve my power issues, powerdrops and all other crap that was happening to me.
3. I know people get different information from mk-v, but i had a V3+ system. Becose i had that power thing all the time, mk-v SOLD me a v3+. But the difference is way to small, so it didnt change much. I think the photo's speaks to themself.

I am aware i have void my warranty by mk-v for what its worth. And i am sure the will be very pissed at me, but thats there problem i guess. I have tryd for years, stuck with a system that is very difficult to sell becose of there reputation. If the took the time to take care of this, the would have a very good system. The didnt so far. Perhaps a V4 system comes out sooner or later, i have no idea, but my trust has been gone a long time ago. Would i buy a nexus at this point? No, not the way it is now. Dont get me wrong, i love my sleds, the "betz" topstage, the design of te battery stage, etc. But the electronics is to much hassle, makes the rig expensive to get it right. But i did, and both of my rigs are problem free. Thats the best money i have spend, and it feels like i got out of prison after many years.
Some of you say that your used to having hd sdi problems, ask people to stay away with radio's. Well, in my case it went further, the postcable started to transmit, giving more issues with wireless stuff. But that can be avoid. Only powerwise i can finally power whatever needed without getting my batterys empty to fast, rig that turns dead during a shoot, and walking with stress if the sled keeps running or not, All gone now. And that is what a sled should do for you, stress free tool. So even powerwise its a very good investment. I hope i get respons on this topic, instead of pm's, otherwise i am more bussy answering them. I did put my head on the block, but i dont care anymore, i want to work without stress and politics.

My 2 cents, hope it helps in one way of another

#8 Tomas Riuka

Tomas Riuka

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 236 posts
  • Vilnius

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:45 AM

Well, seems like people are really afraid to go public! I will be sending my rig to Betz for sure and hell with any warranty!

#9 Andrew Stone

Andrew Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Vancouver

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

Clever zoom control? Do tell? Hook a brother up with a picture?

Here are a couple of pictures. Announced last year a bit before the Stanton was discontinued.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Anders Holck Petersen

Anders Holck Petersen

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 81 posts
  • Copenhagen, Denmark

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

....i love my sleds, the "betz" topstage...

I always wondered if that is a real Betz stage or a MK-V duplicate?

#11 JobScholtze

JobScholtze

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1361 posts
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

The one i have is the original betz one. I did see some copys at mk-v back then, but the where all black.

#12 Anders Holck Petersen

Anders Holck Petersen

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 81 posts
  • Copenhagen, Denmark

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

The one i have is the original betz one. I did see some copys at mk-v back then, but the where all black.

Ok.
Nice report on your upgrades. I hope it will help others....

BOXX

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

Ritter Battery

SkyDreams

Wireless Video Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

Varizoom Follow Focus

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

GPI Pro Systems

IDX