#1 Stian Olberg

Stian Olberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Norway

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

Hi
I `m gone help out on a student production as a steadicamoperator in the end of May in the United States. Since i `m not from the U.S., I'm not familiar with what insurance I need. The Steadicam equpment is insured and I have health insurance, but do I need a 3-party insurance for damage to other people and other equipment? What can you recommend? Which sums should the insurance cover?

Stian Olberg
Steadicamoperator - Norway

#2 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1143 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hi
I `m gone help out on a student production as a steadicamoperator in the end of May in the United States. Since i `m not from the U.S., I'm not familiar with what insurance I need. The Steadicam equpment is insured and I have health insurance, but do I need a 3-party insurance for damage to other people and other equipment? What can you recommend? Which sums should the insurance cover?

Stian Olberg
Steadicamoperator - Norway

Hey there Stian,
send me your email and I will send you a copy of the insurance Certificate that I always request from the production company.

Peace Out
Rob Vuona
RobVski@aol.com
USA

#3 Zachary Clevenger

Zachary Clevenger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hi Rob, I've recently started getting serious about my profession as a steadicam op. Just purchased my first rig and have begun to line up work. I'm curious as to what veteran steadicam ops such as yourself have in regards to insurance covering the rig (both in storage and on film sets), health insurance (at the moment I just have major medical coverage, would it be prudent to have more coverage), and in regards to Stian's post I too would be interested in what a COI looks like as I've never had to request one from a production yet. Furthermore any other legal advice you may have that a new op like myself should know. Thanks

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

IDX

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

Teradek

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions