I have been waiting to talk about the new Phantom-V Sled until after Cinegear but now that I can't go and the New Sled won't be there, I figure I'll let y'all in on my new digs.
The Phantom-V (V for Vuona) but for all intensive purposes V for Video, is a rig I modified with Tiffen/Steadicam to make a turn key Live TV rig. It can obviously do everything else but it was designed for live TV.
Quick summary of Changes to the current Phantom Rig:
• It has a shortened Post by 4 inches, I'm vertically challenged ;-)
• 3 HD Direct lines
• 1 Analog only line
• Changed out the RCA video in/out to a BNC
• Tally to the monitor and to lens shade or prompter, (so both illuminate together)
• Tally Connector changed out to 4 pin lemo
• The nose box has been shorted to about an Inch
• and the newly designed Return Monitor bracket, 1/4x20 or velcro plate (Adjustable to different width rods
• Transvideo's new 8" Ultra HD Daybright monitor with integrated Digital Bubble level through the sled along with Frame lines and all the other hundreds of things you expect from Transvideo
• and Shortened the Monitor and battery rods by 2 "
The Zoom control and return monitor don't come on the rig
Price is to be determined by Tiffen/Steadicam and the motorized top stage with the stubby nose is apparently being looked into to.
Oh ya, I customized the case using Innerspace Cases and a SKB Case, basically the same as a Pelican 1650, or a Storm 2950 only it's lighter and has nicer Latches