Anton 90's or HC's to diode or not to??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 danny bishop

danny bishop

• Sustaining Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:08 AM

Hello I know everyone writes different things about batts and I have gone through them... but I have specific questions.

I have just purchased the new PRO sled with the new battery rack and pro say on their site they sell/recommend the Dionic 90's.

However, reading on here Im wondering if I should get the Dionic HC's.

I use different cameras and my sled I currently own (master film) I use the 90's and its great but they do go quickly.

Also Ashley put me onto a lovely chap in the USA called Terry west and he's been talking to me about Diodes on the new racks and I wondered if other people are having them fitted? I understand what they do (I think) but I just wanted to seek some advice.

many thanks

Danny

#2 Lawrence Karman

Lawrence Karman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:28 AM

Hello I know everyone writes different things about batts and I have gone through them... but I have specific questions.

I have just purchased the new PRO sled with the new battery rack and pro say on their site they sell/recommend the Dionic 90's.

I use different cameras and my sled I currently own (master film) I use the 90's and its great but they do go quickly.

Also Ashley put me onto a lovely chap in the USA called Terry west and he's been talking to me about Diodes on the new racks and I wondered if other people are having them fitted? I understand what they do (I think) but I just wanted to seek some advice.

many thanks

Danny

Dionic HC batteries for sure! Not sure if you need the diodes.

#3 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

many thanks

Danny

Dionic HC batteries for sure! Not sure if you need the diodes.

yes, you will need DIODES, if you want to use a Y-cable (Genesis) or the 12V parallel BLOCK to prevent cross-charging. You can just buy a second set of battery plates for the rear positions and get them outfittet by Terry West...not sure about the cost of the plates....

#4 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

Alec had the great idea of installing the diodes into his jumper block...I think Cramped Attic did the work. Terry put them in my sled a year ago and I no longer see the flashing screen or black bar anymore on my hc's.

#5 danny bishop

danny bishop

• Sustaining Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

Thanks guys. Im chatting with Terry as we speak as he is making me a load of different cables

appreciate the advice

Wireless Video Systems

IDX

SkyDreams

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

PLC Electronics Solutions

Teradek

BOXX