• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Stern

Joshua Stern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

I recently purchased a Scout and am having trouble getting the video out to the monitor from my 5D. I also have a Panasonic AF100 and ran the BNC cable from the Scout to a BNC to RCA adapter into the Panasonic and the video showed up on the monitor. For the 5D, I used a RCA to BNC adapter into the Scout and then a 3.5mm jack out of my 5D to a RCA but have no video. Any help would be most appreciated.

#2 Joshua Stern

Joshua Stern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

Also, when I plug into the A/V out in the 5D, the LCD does go blank.

#3 Tom Wills

Tom Wills

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 367 posts
  • Philadelphia, PA

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

I've never had an issue with the 5D's composite output. Are you using the cable that came with the camera? Have you tried all 3 plugs on it? I know that occasionally I've gotten a plug with the wrong colors on it. Do you have another monitor you could test it with? (for instance, a TV?)

#4 Brian Freesh

Brian Freesh

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 921 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

The 5D LCD will always go blank when an A/V cable is plugged in. You should get it on the external monitor though.

Not sure I understand correctly. You have 5D A/V out -> Scout -> Scout Monitor (powered on) and no image?

But when you hook up the AF100 -> Scout -> scout monitor you do get an image?

Are you using the stock monitor that comes with the scout, or one that you bought separately?

#5 Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:50 AM

This may sound dumb, but I noticed that sometimes if you are using a generic mini to RCA cable, the video channel is sometimes in the red or more often white RCA connector. You may also run into trouble if you are plugging the SD feed from the 5D into an HDSDI port if the monitor is HD. This would explain why the AF100 works (because that's an HDSDI port). Also, don't forget to press the preview button :P

Edited by Alan Rencher, 20 April 2011 - 01:52 AM.

Omnishot Systems

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

GPI Pro Systems

Camera Motion Research

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

Wireless Video Systems

Paralinx LLC

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions