4 replies to this topic

#1 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:24 AM

Well, most of you know, hell froze over and I now happily use a Cinetronic LCD monitor. Today was bittersweet, I sold my TB-6. I bought it as part of Greg Bubb's initial 50 monitor group buy some 13+ years ago and it's been flawless in it's service

I feel a bit guilty swapping out to the new hotness.

#2 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:09 AM

you are making me suspicious with the hard sell!

#3 Janice Arthur

Janice Arthur

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:29 PM

The irony here is that the original 50 TB-6s cost $4800. The same as the new monitor 13 years later!

(For those that done't know Greg Bubb sold the first 50 for $4800. and after that 9k each as I remember it.)

It would be funny to see a list of those who bought the orginal 50. It would be fun.

JA

#4 Amando Crespo

Amando Crespo

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 776 posts
  • Madrid Spain

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

Well, most of you know, hell froze over and I now happily use a Cinetronic LCD monitor. Today was bittersweet, I sold my TB-6. I bought it as part of Greg Bubb's initial 50 monitor group buy some 13+ years ago and it's been flawless in it's service

I feel a bit guilty swapping out to the new hotness.

Hi Eric!. Never feel guilty about a correct opinion.
I have been working with II-A monitor, Master film monitor...and no one problem in all my working life.
When I get my last sled, Ultra2, it comes with a new monitor concept. Hi-bright, colors , big screen, all kind for in/outputs, H-D ready...TFT concept.
I was a little obstinate against this type of monitors...All my working life was "thinking in green" ;) .
New techs about leeds or TFT monitors help us with lowest cost and more info build-in. I can remember at 1995 years, to have an electronic bubble in your monitor was around 700$ cost. Now you have one for 50cts.
Best regards, mate.

#5 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

That's funny Janice...I didn't think of that. I have tb6 #44 and pdl #77, both from '97.

SkyDreams

Paralinx LLC

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

PLC Electronics Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Omnishot Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Engineered Cinema Solutions