4 replies to this topic

#1 park sang hoon

park sang hoon

• Sustaining Members
  • 9 posts
  • seoul, s,korea

Posted 05 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

Hello fellow Steadicam operators!

I am the owner of Steaditools, a Korean-based company that is focused on providing tools and resources for Steadicam operators. We are the exclusive dealer of Tiffen Steadicams and MPTV filters in Korea and we just recently finished our first product for Steadicam operators: the CablePouch.

The CablePouch is a tool to keep all of the cables neatly packed and organized in one place. Each pouch inside can be labeled per the cable it is holding and the pouch itself can be labeled so you can keep track of additional pouches. Keep you cables and your wrenches in the CablePouch and it easily folds together to make traveling easy.

Three sizes are available and you can find more info or purchase on my ebay site if you are interested.
Thanks in advance!

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:08 AM

Or you could buy 45-50 pencil pouches at staples or office depot for the same price....

#3 William Demeritt

William Demeritt

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1043 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

I still love my Eagle Creek bags and plastic baggies inside.

#4 Rob Vuona SOC

Rob Vuona SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1132 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 March 2011 - 04:47 PM

Hello Mr Park Sang Hoon,

I like the concept and applaud your effort, they kinda looks like a shower bag . . . . .. there definitely is no perfect way to keep all the cables separated and each persons needs delegate how this works for them.
As Eric so eloquently put it, his method is using $3.00 pencil pouches that are made of the same durable canvas as yours and others like separate pouches, I'm sure there will be some takers on your idea and thanks you for sharing.

#5 park sang hoon

park sang hoon

• Sustaining Members
  • 9 posts
  • seoul, s,korea

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:58 PM

Thanks for your words, Rob.
I've been operating for 13+ years and I've used all sorts of different methods to organize cables, including the above-mentioned pencil pouches. And you are right that there is no one perfect way, but the CablePouch seems to work for me and hopefully for others as well. The main challenge I've had is that although I may know where the cables are stored and organized, oftentimes my assistant is unable to locate the cables when I need them on set. I think that having a system that allows you to store, organize and label your cables in one place works well.

This is one item I have developed and I've got some other ideas for products that I'd like to share and develop in the future to support steadicam operators and camera op/assistants as well (including 3D operators).

Again, thanks for your support and hopefully some will find it useful.

Happy flying everyone!

p.s. FYI - my friend Joseph is writing this for me as he is a native English speaker. :)

Paralinx LLC

Omnishot Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

Camera Motion Research

PLC - Bartech

PLC Electronics Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Boland Communications

Ritter Battery

Betz Tools for Stabilizers