#1 greg(ory) Vanhove

greg(ory) Vanhove

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Home:Blankenberge work: Brussels

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:58 AM

Hi guy's,

I'm looking for some good weatherprotective gear for a new Ultra with 8.4" tft. I don't life in sunny California so I can use it very well. The only thing I find on the net is the materserie's film & EDTV from Harrison film and changing tents and Jerry Hill's armcovers.

In other words: What do you use for rainy days ?

Greg " hope it's a sunny day today!! " Vanhove

#2 ericoh

ericoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • YYZ & KUL

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:13 PM

Hi guy's,

I'm looking for some good weatherprotective gear for a new Ultra with 8.4" tft. I don't life in sunny California so I can use it very well.  The only thing I find on the net is the materserie's film & EDTV from Harrison film and changing tents and Jerry Hill's armcovers.

In other words: What do you use for rainy days ?

Greg " hope it's a sunny day today!! " Vanhove

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Greg,

I use the Harrison rain covers for my Masters' rig but I find that they aren't very good (especially the monitor cover). What I (and other ops I've spoken to) find effective is Saran wrap (or any equivalent brand). You can wrap it around your rig tightly, and is quite water proof.

I still use the Harrison rain cover but only for the bottom part of my rig, and my Masters' arm. For the monitor, I use Saran wrap, and the top stage is usually covered by the camera cover (Clear garbage bags works better than any rain cover I have used). The other alternative is to buy some Goretex-like material and get a seamstress to make you some custom rain covers.

Best,
Eric

#3 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:36 PM

by "saran wrap" do you mean cling film... transparent film for keep food in the fridge with.. or wrapping up your girlfr..........

i just got a piece of transparent perspex bigger than my lcd monitor.. so this weekends "hell nightmair got ta go away" shooting i can put the platic on my monitor and then clingfilm it on ... i have trouble seeing through too many paranoid layers of clingfilm

#4 ericoh

ericoh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • YYZ & KUL

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:51 PM

by "saran wrap" do you mean cling film... transparent film for keep food in the fridge with.. or wrapping up your girlfr..........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, Saran wrap being the brand. The perspex peice is a great idea. I just use the plastic cover from my Harrison monitor cover.

#5 BJMcDonnell SOC

BJMcDonnell SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 387 posts
  • Malibu, Ca.

Posted 02 December 2004 - 08:54 PM

Hey,

Try Rocksteadi gear for their rain covers. I don't know if they have a cover for the master series, but he may be able to custom make one.

BJ McDonnell

#6 Erik Brul

Erik Brul

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 444 posts
  • Almere, The Netherlands

Posted 04 December 2004 - 02:13 PM

Hi, try the website from Jerry Hill. I bought there a raincover for the arm. It fits perfectly and is also arround. It fit's the 3A arm.. and in mine case it also fits the arm from the Magiqcam IIa rig I have here..

I think Jerry also sells some other raincovers like when the rig is put on the C-stand..

Regards, Erik

#7 SedinaJaromir

SedinaJaromir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Prague Czech republic

Posted 30 December 2004 - 12:40 PM

Hallo man,

we custom made raincovers for rigs and arms. I'am running four steadicam now and we have no problem with water anymore/belive me I'am did really rainy shows, for example opening scenes from "Hellboy"/ We have experience with Master series I'am have two of them. If you interested let me know I'am send you pictures or sample. We are based in Prague /Czech rep./

Jaromir Sedina
steadicam@seznam.cz

PLC Electronics Solutions

rebotnix Technologies

Boland Communications

PLC - Bartech

SkyDreams

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Varizoom Follow Focus

Teradek

Wireless Video Systems