2 replies to this topic

#1 Payton Peterson

Payton Peterson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Boulder, CO

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

I am shooting a live concert series in a couple months and the production crew is going through the budget. We are trying to decide what transmitter would work with our shoot and have decided the Camwave is what we need. I want to get some input from members here - knowing some of you work with transmitters 24/7.

What are your thoughts on Camwave?

Is there a better cost-effective solution (trying to stay under $300 a day)

Let me know what your thoughts are!

#2 Tomas Riuka

Tomas Riuka

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 236 posts
  • Vilnius

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:25 AM

Hello Payton,

if you read the forum, especially the one you're posting in :), you would have found a number of responses regarding live tv work and broadcast. IDX Camwave is a mixed experience, for some it works, for some it has issues, depends very much on situation. I'd say IDX is not meant for reliable live broadcast, so you cannot expect it to work that way. Myself, i use Boxx meridian. It's more expensive, though the signal is extremely high quality and reliable without any hickups.

Hope that helps,

#3 Pete Barta

Pete Barta

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 40 posts
  • Sydney, Australia

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:21 PM

I own 6 IDX camwave systems and they are great in certain situations but I would highly recommend using the Boxx system for Live work, spend the money and get the right gear you'll have more hair on your head that way instead of pulling it out and looking stupid in front of your client because you didn't push them to spend a bit more per day!

Good luck happy shooting

Peter Barta
IDX interpreter

Camera Motion Research

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications

GPI Pro Systems

Wireless Video Systems

PLC - Bartech