Louis Puli SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Australia ,New Zealand

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

Hi everyone
I have been testing the Boxx Meridian system .Yes it is a great system about twice as good as a Cam wave (and price ).I have been told that Boxx will be releasing a smaller HD transmitter system for use in the video split area not broadcast quality at NAB this year .Has anyone seen it yet . If so please let me know as I will be upgrading all of my systems to HD .
Thanks
Louis Puli

#2 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:40 PM

Hi there Luis
I heard from the guys at Band Pro that there will be a slight price drop in the current units and a new smaller version not too long after that. I was lucky to pick one up used for a good price -- kinda big but works very well. No issues so far.

#3 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi there Luis
I heard from the guys at Band Pro that there will be a slight price drop in the current units and a new smaller version not too long after that. I was lucky to pick one up used for a good price -- kinda big but works very well. No issues so far.

I used my Camwave (latest version) for the last four months on a RED show with no problems.

we should do a test ........

are we talking about this?

zenith

#4 Louis Puli SOC

Louis Puli SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Australia ,New Zealand

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

Hi there Luis

Hi Ron
So I take it you now have a Meridian system right Yes it is large when you compare it to say a modulas . (In fact it is slightly smaller then the cam wave I have ) .
It would be great if the new system was that small . I will give Band Pro a call in the morning .

As for mounting the Meridian if you don't have a V lock on them (like the one I am testing ) I am finding it hard to mount it on different cameras (Alexa,Red , F35)If I do buy it I will have to invest in one of thoughts V-lock plates .

Jen
Yes I have a Cam wave at the moment and yes it works well in a large open space and has a range at 50 to 100ft line of site .
When you say "Latest Version " ( mine is 8 months old ) how many versions are there ,and to upgrade is that just a software thing ?
As for a test /shootoff transmitter/at 50 paces great talk to the stedi guild (Hi Dave ) I know they would be able to orginise it .I look forward to reading about it.
Thanks
Louis Puli

#5 Jens Piotrowski SOC

Jens Piotrowski SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1656 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

[/quote]
Jens
Yes I have a Cam wave at the moment and yes it works well in a large open space and has a range at 50 to 100ft line of site .
When you say "Latest Version " ( mine is 8 months old ) how many versions are there ,and to upgrade is that just a software thing ?
As for a test /shootoff transmitter/at 50 paces great talk to the stedi guild (Hi Dave ) I know they would be able to organize it .I look forward to reading about it.
Thanks
Louis Puli
[/quote]

Hi Louis,

the latest production run has new components on the board. I got mine in September of 2010. my serial # is U52D00XXX , the previous one was # U52C00XXX. as I said mine works really well, no dropouts on stage (200ftx200ft) outside range of about 120-150ft.

#6 Charles Papert

Charles Papert

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2224 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

Still planning the shootoff between the Meridien, the new Camwave and the Transvideo TItan...just have to get around to it at this point, and get the Titan shipped in.

FYI I am designing a removable cradle for the Meridien transmitter with Anton Bauer (could also be done with V-lock) plates on either side so you can use it in sandwich mode, or quickly strip it down to bare mode for velcro application.

#7 Pedro Guimaraes SOC

Pedro Guimaraes SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 204 posts
  • Hollywood, CA

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

I'm holding off my purchase of wireless HD transmitter system...see if prices come down or there is a clear leader.

Charles, I'm eagerly awaiting your shootout!

#8 Nick Tsamandanis

Nick Tsamandanis

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:42 AM

Keep us posted Charles.

#9 Tomas Riuka

Tomas Riuka

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 236 posts
  • Vilnius

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:08 AM

I too have meridian. It's amazing, can't tell the difference between cable and wireless signal. Literally no delay. Absolutely happy with it!

#10 Brant S. Fagan SOC

Brant S. Fagan SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 407 posts
  • Charlestown, New Hampshire, USA

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

Love my Meridian system!! Can't be beat for signal strength and performance.

#11 Lawrence Karman

Lawrence Karman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

Hi there Luis

I used my Camwave (latest version) for the last four months on a RED show with no problems.

we should do a test ........

are we talking about this?

zenith

Do you find you are able to charge extra for rental of these HD systems and do you use them off the Steadicam as well?

#12 Mark Walker

Mark Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

[quote name='Louis Puli' timestamp='1297380308' post='63351']
Hi everyone
I have been testing the Boxx Meridian system .Yes it is a great system about twice as good as a Cam wave (and price ).I have been told that Boxx will be releasing a smaller HD transmitter system for use in the video split area not broadcast quality at NAB this year .Has anyone seen it yet . If so please let me know as I will be upgrading all of my systems to HD .
Thanks
Louis Puli

Louis,
Nano:
150 feet Line of site max
no manual configuration, you cant choose channels
Its made for low range single camera video assist. We do have them in operation,but for the first 3 months up to NAB we will be testing them in the field London. We do not have a price yet.

I hope that helps.

Best send me an email for more info.

Mark Walker.
markwalker@boxxcommunications.tv

#13 Paal Aleksander Odden

Paal Aleksander Odden

• Sustaining Members
  • 2 posts
  • Oslo

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

Nano:
150 feet Line of site max
no manual configuration, you cant choose channels
Its made for low range single camera video assist. We do have them in operation,but for the first 3 months up to NAB we will be testing them in the field London. We do not have a price yet.

I hope that helps.

Best send me an email for more info.

Mark Walker.
markwalker@boxxcommunications.tv

Mark,

Any news on pricing etc on the Nano?

Best regards,
Paal

#14 thomas-english

thomas-english

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1165 posts
  • UK

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:18 AM

Louis, I think you probably know but you can just mount the V in the V-lock on one of these:

http://www.elementtechnica.com/vdock/

When is Transvideo releasing the LT ? Thats what I am interested in.

I have noticed a big performance increase with the Wevis over the years. I only ever use rented ones and they are getting better and better. I have no idea if its a software thing or components but recent Wevis have surprised me.

The Meridian Nano does seem like a winner. Although clearly it needs to be tested.

#15 MarkKaravite

MarkKaravite

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 332 posts
  • Detroit, Chicago, New York

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

I spoke with Otto Nemenz last week, and they have ordered the Microlite HD: http://www.tvtechnol.../article/115128

Looks like an interesting player in HD transmitters. Charles, maybe you can add the Microlite HD to your shootout lineup.

Mark

IDX

Ritter Battery

PLC - Bartech

Boland Communications

BOXX

Varizoom Follow Focus

Omnishot Systems

GPI Pro Systems

Teradek

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Engineered Cinema Solutions