#1 Jake Bulgarino

Jake Bulgarino

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 30 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:53 PM

Hello everyone,

I am somewhat new to the Steadicam world, I recently purchased an arm and vest, and a steadicam stand with the docking brakcet for the merlin. I have owned the merlin for about 9 months already . After waiting a month to get all that stuff in (which was way to long to wait) I set up my stand balanced my merlin with my cannon 7D with a 11-16mm 2.8 lens I put it on the docking bracket turned my back and the bracket broke and everything came tumbling to the grown from 5 feet in the air. HORRIBLE!!!!!! Has anyone ever heard of problems with the docking bracket? Tiffen will be hearing from me tomorrow.

Also there was no real instructions with the arm and vest which really sucks when it is all foreign to me. Anybody know of some good links for putting on the vest and arm and getting it to act properly?

Thanks for letting me rant.

Jake

#2 Louis Puli SOC

Louis Puli SOC

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Australia ,New Zealand

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:44 AM

Hi Jake
It sounds like you need to do a 2 day workshop . Ask the dealer who else he has sold Merlins to .The dealer may be able to talk you through it.
Have you looked on youtube there are may be some info up there.
Why not contact a local op and get them to talk you through it .
Its not that hard to pick up the phone.
All the best
Louis Puli .

#3 Nigel Barker

Nigel Barker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

Also there was no real instructions with the arm and vest which really sucks when it is all foreign to me. Anybody know of some good links for putting on the vest and arm and getting it to act properly?

I think that the only documentation supplied with the Merlin arm & vest is a flyer (no relation) 'The Steadicam Merlin Arm & Vest Quick Start Guide' that is also available online http://www.steadicam...rmVest_QS-E.pdf

Omnishot Systems

SkyDreams

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

IDX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

BOXX

Paralinx LLC

Teradek

GPI Pro Systems

PLC - Bartech

Betz Tools for Stabilizers