New/aspiring operator looking for practical help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Sayers

Mark Sayers
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:23 AM

Hi,

I know this forum is designed for advice and guideance amoungst other things and not so much personal pleas for work, but I am desperately looking for a relatively experienced steadicam operator to allow me to come and shadow/assist/practice with.

I've just completed the Optex workshop last week (which was fantastic) and now want to get on and practice. However, I am struggling to find any operators in my area that I can contact. I live in Newbury in West Berkshire, so therefore I'm looking around the South/South East and up to and including London maybe.

If anyone has ANY ideas please let me know because before I go out buying kit (new or used) or even just hiring, I want to get more practical experience.

Cheers

Mark Sayers

#2 LeighWanstead

LeighWanstead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 12:10 PM

Hi,

I know this forum is designed for advice and guideance amoungst other things and not so much personal pleas for work, but I am desperately looking for a relatively experienced steadicam operator to allow me to come and shadow/assist/practice with.

I've just completed the Optex workshop last week (which was fantastic) and now want to get on and practice. However, I am struggling to find any operators in my area that I can contact. I live in Newbury in West Berkshire, so therefore I'm looking around the South/South East and up to and including London maybe.

If anyone has ANY ideas please let me know because before I go out buying kit (new or used) or even just hiring, I want to get more practical experience.

Cheers

Mark Sayers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Mark,

Tell me what do you think of this video. Is it steady? My camera is JVC GY-DV5000, with lense and battery weighs around 7kg.

It took me around four months, around one hour per day to get that level.

My exercise video

divx format(You may need to get free divx decoder from www.divx.com)
file size around 50mb
http://www.salenz.com/movie/88.avi

I look forward to your comments.

Regards
Leigh

#3 Matt Burton

Matt Burton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • UK

Posted 25 November 2004 - 09:09 PM

I am desperately looking for a relatively experienced steadicam operator to allow me to come and shadow/assist/practice with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Mark hows it going.
Has anybody asked you to assist yet ?
I was thinking of posting a similar msg, but would be good to know how your going.

laterz
matt

#4 Mark Sayers

Mark Sayers
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2004 - 07:08 AM

I am desperately looking for a relatively experienced steadicam operator to allow me to come and shadow/assist/practice with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Mark hows it going.
Has anybody asked you to assist yet ?
I was thinking of posting a similar msg, but would be good to know how your going.

laterz
matt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi matt,

Its not going too bad. Although not had any responses yet, however i wasn't really expecting hundreds of offers, just thought i'd give it a try. I've been looking into the funding you talked about- Princes Trust doesn't fund the south west. Guess where i live??!?

Was thinking about going to optex to practice balancing the rig next week, just looking into insurance at the mo. How you getting on? Have u sent the e-mail addresses out yet?

Mark

#5 Howard J Smith

Howard J Smith

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 November 2004 - 05:24 PM

Hi Guys

if you are in the UK?, (it is hard to tell on here) then you are very welcome to come over and have a fly with our kits and have a chat about things.
We are looking for good assitants, and we are interested in training new people for our new Hire/rental company. (MK-V Hire)

Please email me if you are interested - I am always very open to meet and work with keen enthusiastic people.

I hope to hear from you soon
All the best
Howard J Smith MK-V

#6 Matt Burton

Matt Burton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • UK

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:07 PM

We are looking for good assitants, and we are interested in training new people for our new Hire/rental company. (MK-V Hire)

Please email me if you are interested - I am always very open to meet and work with keen enthusiastic people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds great, have sent an email :)

cheers
matt

#7 Matt Burton

Matt Burton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • UK

Posted 28 November 2004 - 06:11 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]
Have u sent the e-mail addresses out yet?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Howdy, yes i did send the email list out, whats your email incase i missed you off ?

laterz
matt

rebotnix Technologies

PLC Electronics Solutions

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Omnishot Systems

Wireless Video Systems

Teradek

Boland Communications

Engineered Cinema Solutions

GPI Pro Systems

Ritter Battery