#1 John E Fry

John E Fry

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 86 posts
  • Salisbury, Wiltshire UK

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:34 AM

Hi all,

I'm thinking about swapping our existing Anton Bauer battery plate for a V-lock one. I know this sort of thing is commonly done with different bits of equipment, so hoped one of you might give me some advice.

I have a v-lock plate to mount, but it's the bare plate with no wires already soldered on. The AB had a nice big red wire & a nice big black wire going to it - but where do they go to on the v-lock connector? Can't find the answer on the web so thought this would be the place to ask!

Basically, I need to know which pin is positive and which is negative on the v-lock plate please? And does anyone know what the others are used for exactly (presumably power meter display)?

Thanks!

John

#2 Blake Waldock

Blake Waldock

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 43 posts
  • Perth, Australia

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:32 AM

Hi John,

As you look at the plate, the far right pin is negative and the far left is the positive.

Hope that helps.

#3 John E Fry

John E Fry

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:41 AM

Great, that's all I need. Thank you Blake!

Out of interest a chap from Anton Bauer just rang to update me with their new (as of last year) battery range & mini charger/power supply. Sounds interesting for us as ops because the batteries happily run with a 10amp load.

Anyway, if anyone else has any bettery plate swapping advice or cautionary tales do post them, as I'm not quite the engineer/electrical I could be!

Cheers,

John

#4 Jess Haas SOC

Jess Haas SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1145 posts
  • Culver City, CA

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

A multimeter will answer all of your wiring questions and allow you to verify that you did it right.

#5 John E Fry

John E Fry

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

Thanks Jess, we'll be doing that anyway, just wanted to start out with a bit more knowledge. Well, and be aware of any potential difficulties or problems others may have had. All these sorts of things seem simple to start with, but...!

SkyDreams

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wireless Video Systems

Ritter Battery

GPI Pro Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

PLC Electronics Solutions

BOXX

Teradek

Paralinx LLC

IDX

rebotnix Technologies