Very low mode

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bernat Suñé i Trepat

Bernat Suñé i Trepat

• Sustaining Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:12 AM

Hi, I'm a quite tall operator(190cm), and I was asked to shot a very low mode with my Nexus, I got a 50cm height shot eventually, with the four stages expanded, but I would like to know whether is a more comfortable position for me to operate better at this heights...or a better configuration that I got...thanks

#2 Matteo Quagliano

Matteo Quagliano

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:16 AM

man I don't understand your question at all but with such a sled you should be able (positioning in a good way your weights) to have a close to the ground low mode shot. Explain better please.

maqu

#3 Bernat Suñé i Trepat

Bernat Suñé i Trepat

• Sustaining Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:22 AM

Sorry, I have it clear in my mind, but very bad explained, sorry...I'll try again..I meant that I could do the shot but I would like to get the camera lower than I got, closer to the ground...I don't know if I made the right configuration, but the sled was well balanced, maybe it is because of my height..thanks

#4 RonBaldwin

RonBaldwin

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2351 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

Sorry, I have it clear in my mind, but very bad explained, sorry...I'll try again..I meant that I could do the shot but I would like to get the camera lower than I got, closer to the ground...I don't know if I made the right configuration, but the sled was well balanced, maybe it is because of my height..thanks

what Matteo is saying is that with a 4 stage post one should easily be able to set the camera on the ground while wearing it. Let us know more details like what camera it was and the sled you fly.

#5 Lawrence Karman

Lawrence Karman

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 896 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:54 PM

Perhaps you need to use a F bracket or D bracket to get the rig lower. The D bracket allows you to flip your gimbal handle upside down and buys you a few more inches (or centimeters) down.

#6 Bernat Suñé i Trepat

Bernat Suñé i Trepat

• Sustaining Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 06:23 AM

Yes, I thought about F bracket, but I managed already, thanks
anyway, i'll get a F bracket for next jobs, it will be more comfortable to work with. see you

GPI Pro Systems

rebotnix Technologies

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

Varizoom Follow Focus

Teradek

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

SkyDreams

BOXX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

IDX