3 replies to this topic

#1 Alexis Kasparis

Alexis Kasparis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:16 PM

Hi everyone,
Just bought a cannon 5D-MARK2 slr camera last week just to see how the video mode behaves and what quality of filming i get through this small camera. I noticed the colours are briliant and the hd progressive filming is very impressive, colours and detail are superb. Just the playback on a big Hd tv afterwards was the problem, the progressive filming that this camera films doesnt play the movie smooth when playing it on a hd screen,Its not as smooth as a normal vieo camera films, I mean its not the filming that i get from my Sony ex1 ProVideo camera or my Sony Z5Video camera....
WHAT IS GOING WRONG ? DO I HAVE TO CHAGE ANY SETTINGS TO MAKE IT PLAY THE CLIPS SMOOTHER? IS IT THE CARD I USE MAYBE, DOES IT NEED A FAST CARD TO PLAYBACK CORRECTLY ? PLEASE HELP!!

#2 John atkinson

John atkinson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 145 posts
  • Florida

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

Hi everyone,
Just bought a cannon 5D-MARK2 slr camera last week just to see how the video mode behaves and what quality of filming i get through this small camera. I noticed the colours are briliant and the hd progressive filming is very impressive, colours and detail are superb. Just the playback on a big Hd tv afterwards was the problem, the progressive filming that this camera films doesnt play the movie smooth when playing it on a hd screen,Its not as smooth as a normal vieo camera films, I mean its not the filming that i get from my Sony ex1 ProVideo camera or my Sony Z5Video camera....
WHAT IS GOING WRONG ? DO I HAVE TO CHAGE ANY SETTINGS TO MAKE IT PLAY THE CLIPS SMOOTHER? IS IT THE CARD I USE MAYBE, DOES IT NEED A FAST CARD TO PLAYBACK CORRECTLY ? PLEASE HELP!!

It's your shutter setting. Video 30 frame/60 shutter, 24p/50 shutter. Should help.

JA

#3 Alexis Kasparis

Alexis Kasparis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

Thnks , Ill chek it..Great!

#4 Sydney Seeber

Sydney Seeber

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 376 posts
  • Hermosa Beach

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

Playing the movie smooth... What does that mean exactly. Are you using Quicktime to play it back? Are you playing it back through an NLE? What HD screen? So many more questions.

CAPSLOCKON, CAPSLock off... how fun.

Varizoom Follow Focus

SkyDreams

GPI Pro Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

BOXX

Wireless Video Systems

IDX

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

Boland Communications

Engineered Cinema Solutions

Omnishot Systems