Photo

Can anyone tell me what type of stedicam this is?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joshua Pryor

Joshua Pryor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:08 PM

Heres 2 views of it:
Posted Image
andother view:
Posted Image

The reason why I ask it because I am working on a student film and am using a Panasonic p2 dvcpro, and was given this stedicam by my professor to use. But there are no words or numbers on this thing at all so I can not do any research on it.

The research I am looking for is to help with a problem I am having. When I put the camera on the stedicam, it leans to one side or the other, I can never get a straight shot with this thing, and I dont want to have to use a tripod.

#2 Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Eric Fletcher S.O.C.

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 2922 posts
  • LA, Ca

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

Heres 2 views of it:
Posted Image
andother view:
Posted Image

The reason why I ask it because I am working on a student film and am using a Panasonic p2 dvcpro, and was given this stedicam by my professor to use. But there are no words or numbers on this thing at all so I can not do any research on it.

The research I am looking for is to help with a problem I am having. When I put the camera on the stedicam, it leans to one side or the other, I can never get a straight shot with this thing, and I dont want to have to use a tripod.

It's a shoulder brace not a steadicam

#3 Alan Rencher

Alan Rencher

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 1091 posts
  • Los Angeles

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:46 PM

That just looks like a shoulder mount, not Steadicam type of stabilizer. I would guess that the lower part would actually have to be adjusted to rest against you chest to make smaller hand held cameras act more like bigger, shoulder mount cameras.

#4 Dean Smollar

Dean Smollar

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 117 posts
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

yeah, that's definitely a shoulder mount. It looks like it has chest support too. Did you say you're putting an HVX on that? The wobbling may be because It might not be strong enough to hold the weight of the camera. I can't be certain, but it looks like it was designed for DV handycams or still cameras.

#5 Kevin Andrews SOC

Kevin Andrews SOC

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 348 posts
  • Denver CO

Posted 25 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

That's one of those new Tiffen models. The Python, or Jamba or something.

SkyDreams

PLC - Bartech

rebotnix Technologies

BOXX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Teradek

PLC Electronics Solutions

Boland Communications

Wireless Video Systems

Varizoom Follow Focus

Betz Tools for Stabilizers

IDX