1 reply to this topic

#1 invalid username

invalid username

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:29 PM

I'm going to be working as the A Cam for a live broadcast of a local concert, with one of the involved bands doing something with blacklights (similar to Defying Gravity).

Has anybody worked under blacklights before? Obviously I won't wear white, but are there any other tips you can give me as to approaching this situation?

I usually wouldn't jump into something I'm so uncomfortable with, but considering my rank in the Steadicam world the pay they're offering is amazing.

I have a few more weeks to practice, but any tips would be appreciated!

#2 David M. Aronson

David M. Aronson

Advanced Member

• Sustaining Members
  • 306 posts
  • Arlington, VA

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:56 AM

I'm going to be working as the A Cam for a live broadcast of a local concert, with one of the involved bands doing something with blacklights (similar to Defying Gravity).

Has anybody worked under blacklights before? Obviously I won't wear white, but are there any other tips you can give me as to approaching this situation?

I usually wouldn't jump into something I'm so uncomfortable with, but considering my rank in the Steadicam world the pay they're offering is amazing.

I have a few more weeks to practice, but any tips would be appreciated!

Make sure you get all the lint and dirt off of all of your clothing and your rig. It will light up like a Christmas tree under a black light.

Paralinx LLC

Engineered Cinema Solutions

PLC - Bartech

Ritter Battery

BOXX

Varizoom Follow Focus

GPI Pro Systems

Teradek

Wireless Video Systems

PLC Electronics Solutions

IDX

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS